• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Are You Scared Of Heights?

HareRazor

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That scared me just watching it.

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
as i go t about halfway through it i realized that my palms were sweating profusely

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I do siding for a living but that's scary. When I started 25 years ago I couldn't get 8 feet off the ground, now 40 feet is my limit.

ASMODEAN

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 litres of ticking fury
Transmission
Manual
Video has been removed...

But to answer your original question, No not really. I work construction for a living and i'm usually anywhere from 10 to 200 ft up in the air depending on which plant I work at.

Now back when I first started I had a close call on a scaffold that was improperly secured to a vacuum tower.
I was so scared you couldn't drive a ten penny nail with a two pound hammer through my ass. now I'm just REAL DAMN CAREFUL of where I put my feet and i'm ALWAYS 100% tied off to the structure and not the scaffold.

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
i did drywall for years, specializing in mansions in park city utah, 30'+ ceilings you are on a single wide section of scaffold, on wheels as many as 4 sections stacked, and only 1 x-brace per section (one side not both) we had to haul 4'x12' sheets of 5/8" thick drywall (easily weighing 150lbs) up with ropes and while standing on one plank, hold the sheet above your head with one hand and screwing the sheet with the other, and it was only an 8' plank so at either end you had to lean out 2' to screw.......all of this inb the middle of a room 20 feet away from the nearest wall,

all that and the thought of climbing 1700' is just nutty

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i used to not be afraid of heights until one fall semester during college. we were doing some design work the alabama construction industry fund. well they decided that we should go in a building in north atlanta that was under construction. they had the floors poured all the way up to the 45th floor, but no walls, windows or anything else on the sides. there were 2 strands of rope to keep anything from rolling or falling over the edge. we had to take one of those elevators that was hanging off the side of the building to get to the 40th floor, then climbed up homemade 2x4 ladders the other 5 floors. i never admit being scared about anything, but that scared the SHIT out of me, i hope i never have to do anything like that again......it's funny though, i do wanna try skydiving one time

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I won't even climb up on my metal (slippery) roof to trim tree limbs.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
If I am inside and the doors on the plane are closed no I am not afraid of heights. When I`m on a shake roof that is wet cutting in a roof vent yes verrrry cautious.

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Holy crap that would be scary. I dont even like use elevators. There are certain places where I dont even feel comfortable being on the second story. I live on the third floor of a building though and am fine with it which is interesting

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I had to trim the trees once in our front yard. I took a doggie toy, tied a string to it and threw it over the house. Tied a big, fat rope to the string, pulled it over the house and tied it to a deck railing. Tied the rope to a rock-climber's harness on me and started cutting trees. Needless to say, I'm a bit paranoid. I've got some screws loose. No No NO - some loose screws on my metal roof over my bedroom that has about a 25 foot drop to the ground. Got some peeps coming tomorrow to cut limbs and tighten screws.

Nater

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I am not really afraid of heights....I just have a problem with ladders....I can climb up them with no probs, walk around on roofs all day, but when it comes time to climb back down....scares the crap outta me.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals