• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Are Huawei Matebooks good?

Justinblack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
BMW
I want to buy a laptop for games but I don't have any experience with Huawei Matebook 13. It's unpretentious – there's no cutting-edge processor, touchscreen or backlit keyboard – but it sets out to be a good-quality laptop for a low price. I would like to buy https://productz.com/en/huawei-matebook-13/p/JZY8p it. What do you think?

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
When it comes to electronics I am leery of weird names I don't know how to pronounce...

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
When it comes to electronics I am leery of weird names I don't know how to pronounce...
I agree with not trusting strange Chinese named companies. Some seem to pop up, make a bunch of crap and disappear or change their name and keep selling the same crap. Not the case with Huawie though...

About 90% of the electronics you own have Huawie parts and processors in them. They are one of if not the biggest electronics company in the world. They make most of the chips for vehicles as well which is why there is a chip shortage and cars piling up in lots across the country. Someone thought it was a good idea to imposes sanctions on them because they are a Chinese company but had no plan to get chips from somewhere else...

Last edited:

Fast Eddie

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
2x4 on 4x4 Factory Chassis
Tire Size
235/75/15
If you don;'t mind China watching everything you do, go ahead. Most modern gaming requires an internet connection.

They were sanctioned for a reason: "BIS added Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. (Huawei) and many of its non-U.S. affiliates to the Entity List effective May 16, 2019 on the basis of information that provided a reasonable basis to conclude that Huawei is engaged in activities that are contrary to U.S. national security or foreign policy interests and its non-U.S. affiliates pose a significant risk of involvement in activities contrary to the national security of the United States".
[re: file (doc.gov) ]

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I agree with not trusting strange Chinese named companies. Some seem to pop up, make a bunch of crap and disappear or change their name and keep selling the same crap. Not the case with Huawie though...

About 90% of the electronics you own have Huawie parts and processors in them. They are one of if not the biggest electronics company in the world. They make most of the chips for vehicles as well which is why there is a chip shortage and cars piling up in lots across the country. Someone thought it was a good idea to imposes sanctions on them because they are a Chinese company but had no plan to get chips from somewhere else...

It is a bit more complicated than that.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.

It is a bit more complicated than that.
It absolutely is a very complex issue. But there's no denying a trade war with companies making most of our crap was a major contributor.

Fast Eddie

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
235/75/15
Crap was the right word. Maybe there is a little something to be said for Made in America...but 'saying' is not 'doing'. I don't blame the Chinese. I blame the bean counters.

C19 is just one aspect and to your point, makes it a little more complex. The problem is multifaceted and making them here probably wouldn't have helped. Nor do we have all the required raw materials. I would still like to see more stuff made here, rather than there.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Well you cut off the supply of Chinese crap, but yet no one is making American crap, so now we have no crap at all. :icon_rofl:

We need to get our crap together!

dvdswan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 2WD
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Keep your mind like an umbrella, it only works if its open... Continually learning.
Last edited:

Fast Eddie

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
235/75/15
Where the hell ya been? What ya want for a Friday night...:icon_rofl:

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
There's a website sells only made in USA products. There should be brick and mortar stores like this, but they would probably never survive. Unfortunately it seems the modern John Q. Public would rather pay next to nothing for something disposable, than a few bucks for something actually usable and of lasting quality.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
There's a website sells only made in USA products. There should be brick and mortar stores like this, but they would probably never survive. Unfortunately it seems the modern John Q. Public would rather pay next to nothing for something disposable, than a few bucks for something actually usable and of lasting quality.
The problem is the law that says what you can say its "made in USA" is crap. That little sticker, badge, whatever means NOTHING. To be able to promote as made in America you only need to have like 10% of the process done in the states. So let's say a wrench is made in China, they polish and stamp the name here and it's "Made In USA" even though it's forged in China from junk metal. Aka snapon.

I "fixed" 1,000 Corvette C5 exhaust systems for a company I can't name and because I did some of the work they said made in America. They were garbage I wouldn't put on a broken Honda civic. So throw that crap right out the window unless you know where the manafacturing plant is.

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
They can't even spell Hawaii correctly so you know it is a garbage.

Brihard

Firefighter
Reaction score
I've owned my 2018 i7/MX150 for the past 3 months. I picked it up used on hardwareswap for a good price. I was coming from a Dell XPS 13 2016 i5/8GB and even though the screen quality was really great, the resolution and aspect ration wasn't. The i5 6th gen cpu and 8GB of ram wasn't cutting it for me anymore. I was originally looking to get a Surface Laptop 3 but it was super pricey and the XPS 13 2020's at the time were also.

Pluses for me: Thin and light, very good 13.9" screen 3000x2000 (sweet spot between 1200p and 4K), decent lower end GPU, thunderbolt for my TB3 dock, speakers are decent and battery life is okay. Undervolting cpu is a must though, which almost every thin and light laptop... these tend to get hot even after a repaste. Overall my experience has been good.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals