• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Are EB axles worth anything?

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I've got an opportunity to pick up a front and rear axle set (D44/9in) from an EB, no idea on the gearing just that they're stock and need to be gone through if someone was to use them. I don't plan on using EB axles on my build I would just end up hanging onto them for a future build or flipping them locally. Are they really worth anything? I assume they're starting to get harder to find.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Dunno, worth something to the right guy.

Around here the big thing is new diesel trucks, hardly anyone "building" a truck anymore aside from a lift kit, tuner and either a huge exhaust or stacks with low profile tires on big wheels.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
It's been discussed before on some forums I'm on and the general consensus is that they're not really of any value since they are narrower than a full size axle, which makes shafts harder to come by. That said, I have been hoping to luck into a set cheap to use with a future wheeler project.

Sent from my kite using a trebuchet

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Yeah, unless they are fully rebuilt they aren't particularly valuable. Ranger guys look for them sometimes because they are an easy SAS. Obviously some shoe-box guys will look for them from time to time, but most of the time if they have the Bronco they have the axle.

I wouldn't mind getting ahold of a front one for an SAS but I don't really want to spend any money on getting one because the gears I need weren't particularly common those years.

I have a 31-spline 8.8 and some 3.73 gears that I'd trade for an EB D44. It kinda needs put together though.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Ha! EB axles are worth a LOT, especially a 76-77 D44 with disc brakes. To an EB owner with a D30 or drums, that could be a $500+ axle easily and most of that is in the knuckles and brake parts. Look up what a disc brake conversion kit costs from Bronco Graveyard.

The 9" is a 28 spline deal, not real great, but again, EB parts in general are worth quite a bit. I'd imagine you could get $200-$500 for it depending on condition.

All that said, none of these axles are good swap candidates for use in an RBV. Way better options out there.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals