• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

AR Pistol thoughts?

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I don't customize guns. I have a list in my head of things I want. For instance, the M1911A1 is what we shot in bootcamp. So I had to get that. I want a side-by-side, which I haven't gotten yet. I want a Civil War musket. I want a Thompson--not a Contender. I like to hold stuff that is historical. Whether historical to me or to the other guy. I have a lot of guns. Like, really, a lot. But it's not like I'm a nut. For personal protection, I go pretty low energy.

I love being an American and encourage people to exercise their rights. Nobody else in the world, including California, can build these weapons. Don't give up any rights. Support these industries.

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
I don't customize guns. I have a list in my head of things I want. For instance, the M1911A1 is what we shot in bootcamp. So I had to get that. I want a side-by-side, which I haven't gotten yet. I want a Civil War musket. I want a Thompson--not a Contender. I like to hold stuff that is historical. Whether historical to me or to the other guy. I have a lot of guns. Like, really, a lot. But it's not like I'm a nut. For personal protection, I go pretty low energy.

I love being an American and encourage people to exercise their rights. Nobody else in the world, including California, can build these weapons. Don't give up any rights. Support these industries.

:icon_thumby:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I wanted something kind of A2 inspired but I could put a scope on and use as a coyote gun if I wanted to. I found the FDE furniture and liked it for something different than just black but could not turn up a FDE A2 handguard anywhere. Ended up snagging my Magpul handguard on vacation which was kind of neat. Not being used to anything I liked the Magpul bigger grip.

I built mine one piece at a time aside from the BCG and it was a lot of fun. There are a lot of good to deal with companies and vendors out there it was a pleasure to deal with.

It isn't a factory built gun but I was about half the price of a Windham 20" rifle and I have a Windham 20" barrel. :icon_thumby:

RollinWOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998/2015
Make / Model
Ford/Kia
Engine Size
3.0L Vulcan/GDI 2.0L
Transmission
Manual
I wanted something kind of A2 inspired but I could put a scope on and use as a coyote gun if I wanted to. I found the FDE furniture and liked it for something different than just black but could not turn up a FDE A2 handguard anywhere. Ended up snagging my Magpul handguard on vacation which was kind of neat. Not being used to anything I liked the Magpul bigger grip.
I like an A2 build, but for me, for the time being anyhow, it's all about function over form. Perhaps I will do an A2 build sometime in the future, but next on the list for the pistol is a brace, maybe a RDS, and I'd like to do some FDE/high desert brush camouflage that blends in for around me. Just ordered some multicam pouches for my plate carrier, so hopefully my little get-home/home-protection setup will be finished soon.

JOLENE_THE_RANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW DIFFICULT IT IS BEING A GUN PERSON IN CA :bsflag:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I like an A2 build, but for me, for the time being anyhow, it's all about function over form.
Kinda depends on what you want.

Mine functions great as a plinker, would be a good coyote gun either with iron sights or a scope. Has a light mount for HD too. 1:7 twist rifling to handle just about any 5.56 bullet. A2 stock won't break, forged steel pinned on front sight is not going anywhere, rear sight is forged aluminum the same as the upper. And it is lightweight, especially for a full 20" rifle. It is a nice jack-of-all-trades gun.

The light got moved to my 16" 7.62x39 rifle for a more bump in the night gun. That thing feels like a toy, so little and lightweight. I just got a reflex sight for it, I need to go shoot it now.

My three rifle builds:

http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159298&page=7

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW DIFFICULT IT IS BEING A GUN PERSON IN CA :bsflag:
You guys need a medal or something for the crap you put up with. I don't know how you do it. :dntknw:

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I was in California in the early 90's. I left there with an armload of new SKS rifles. $100/ea back then. Walgreens (I think it was) drug store had old military rifles for sale on racks throughout the store. Enfields and such. $100 cases of Russian ammo. I don't know what happened to California after I left. I would be a felon there now if I even drove through with what I normally have in my truck.

Indiana is my new state. Best place I have ever lived. And that's out of a lot of countries and a lot of states.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals