• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

apple vs the world..

kryptonitecb

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've always enjoyed paying debts I don't like in this manner. A buddy did this to another buddy once, but he dumped the $30 in pennies in the dudes sunroof lol.

Good on Samsung for sticking it to apple for being dutchbags.

Sent from the road while ignoring traffic

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
This weekend I was working at our Apple store to help the reps with cell phone activations and you'd be amazed at how many of them have Samsung phones.

'93BajaSport

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I thought UNIX, like Linux, was open source and therefore couldn't be stolen.
Open-source means free to use, improve, and distribute without charge, not "free to take and sell."

Well, Samsung told Apple to get bent. They payed the fine, but they did it in such a way that Apple has to spend some time and money processing it :)

http://www.zurmat.com/2012/08/29/samsung-pays-apple-1-billion-sending-30-trucks-full-of-5-cent-coins/

I laughed at this pretty hard.

AJ
Too bad it's not true.

http://now.msn.com/satirical-website-fools-media-outlets-with-samsung-nickel-story

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2012/aug/29/apple-samsung-trucks-nickels-fake

nutpantz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Apple lost more with their map mess up than they made from Samsung.

in the big picture it means nothing.
even if smart phones have been around for 12 years, Apple had only been in the market for 4 years and Android even less. The innovators who created the market are bankrupt or holding less than 5% share now.

The thing is unless we in Northern, North America start developing our manufacturing and fabricating industry, it will not matter what we think of, if the money to build it goes over seas. Ideas create products that are valued, the ideas alone are worthless, intangible.
Having billion dollar companies suing over how something looks is pathetic.
Imagine Sony suing everyone who made a Walkman clone in the 80's.
Or watch companies suing because of how the face of a watch looks.
Or belt companies suing over belt buckles.

Open source is like map making, make a map, improve a map, extend map, is all based on the original map and if you give the information required to build the map out free to acquire, you can sell your improved map but still have to allow some one to use the information to build a bigger better map and charge for it.(or give it out free, you charge for the finished map not what is needed to make the map)
(not a bad example but not a good one either)

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals