• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone use Evans NPG + Coolant?

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
This stuff looks AMAZING,
High Performance Coolant provides superior cooling protection for all gasoline and light duty diesel engines, including marine and light aircraft. In conditions ranging from -40˚ to 375˚ F; High Performance Coolant provides cooling protection through constant liquid coolant contact with engine metals. Eliminates water-causing corrosion, electrolysis and cavitation. One successful installation provides cooling protection for the life-time of the engine, reducing maintenance time and expense.
So this should save my water pump as well?(no silica fallout) It SEEMS to good to be true(except the initial price) so would this be a wise upgrade to a new vehicle, it would seem, don't know anyone using it.(I've heard it used in some cycles, but don't know anyone, and that could be just marketing.)

Last edited:

turbo2256b

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Was set up to use it years ago in a 70 Boss 302 motor that went in my 84 Mustang. Traded the vehicle before it was ever started for 25K. Around that time went attended a meeting with Evans while working at Ford about his product. Think the price per gal was to high for Ford to be interested. Price then was about 25.00 a gal mabe more last i looked it was down a bit

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
Why would you need it? a regular maintenance schedule of replacing the coolant with the cheap green stuff every 2 years or so will keep an engine running for several hundred thousand miles.

I have 153k on my original water pump, heater core and radiator right now in my Ranger.

AJ

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
It can be reused, and that is what I'm interested in, change hoses, drain coolant and pour coolant back in! Never buy coolant again. Sure it's expensive upfront, but it should pay for itself quickly since you don't need to do bi-annual coolant replacements.

Plus it sound MUCH more environmentally friendly. Maybe I'm buying the hype, hope not.

turbo2256b

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
The big thing about it is that you might be able to run 12 to 1 or better on pump gas using it.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It can be reused, and that is what I'm interested in, change hoses, drain coolant and pour coolant back in! Never buy coolant again. Sure it's expensive upfront, but it should pay for itself quickly since you don't need to do bi-annual coolant replacements.

Plus it sound MUCH more environmentally friendly. Maybe I'm buying the hype, hope not.
Reuse it untill a $10 hose blows off and sprays it all over the pavement. :icon_rofl:

Me and Mr Murphy have met before :icon_thumby:

The big thing about it is that you might be able to run 12 to 1 or better on pump gas using it.
Coolant that doesn't boil over won't help the pinging...

Last edited:

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Reuse it untill a $10 hose blows off and sprays it all over the pavement. :icon_rofl:
Which would be never if your competent, to replace your hoses every 150,000 miles, and with todays engineering, hoses don't just "blow off" by themselves.:icon_thumby:

Andy D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
The Rat
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My credo
to prevent Found On the Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily
Which would be never if your competent, to replace your hoses every 150,000 miles, and with todays engineering, hoses don't just "blow off" by themselves.:icon_thumby:
Yah , but worm gear hose clamps loosen over time. My 88 BMWs have stainless bands. Many of the smaller hoses under the intake and the heater are original. The Expansion tank has a float switch for a low level coolant light. This is one idiot light that if you dont ignore it , you can run cooling system components to destruction. As a result many of the hoses are original. I change the belts when I change the timing belt.I change the pump every other TB or when it leaks. The old cars seem to do fine on store brand green antifreeze too. Note : these are BMWs of yore only milder. But just as tossable. And tough as an old boot.

I was looking at the Rats 4.0 The oily rocker covers, and the stock torsion clamps around the top hose. Crusty and stiff, it is gonna hafta get sick before it gets replaced. 130K and pushing 20 yrs. :D

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Somebody needs to tell hoses that then...

Clamps go bad, mice eat holes, holes get rubbed, heater cores and radiators rot out, hoses get funky for various reasons... it happens. Especially with over $100 wrapped up in a fairly small amount coolant at risk.

I sell parts for a living... I see all sorts of stuff.

BTW it is harder for the short straight hoses of yesteryear to have a problem than the 2' long curvy snakes of today. :icon_thumby:

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
the point of using evans waterless coolant is that it is waterless. you can run your cooling system at zero psi and not build enough pressure to crack a head, blow a head gasket, blow a hose off, spray coolant everywhere.... you get the idea. the down side is it is thicker and takes more effort to pump, may cause the water pump to fail pre-maturely. your vehicle will run hotter by around 10%... since it is zero psi system then this is not an issue. You have to get every drop of water out of your cooling system or your $25 a gallon coolant will boil over and out.... also, can't just dump a gallon of water in it when you blow a hose on a trail ride.

the upside is no corrosion, no electrolysis, and no pressure in your cooling system (should run a 2 psi cap though, everything works better under pressure. keeps moisture out).

If I was building an engine from scratch, and replacing the hoses, radiator, and heater core(s) I would use it. but not on a vehicle that is a little passed 1/2 its useful life.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals