• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone see any deals on new sheds?

blue83ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm looking to build a shed and was just curious if anyone saw any good sales? I'm looking to get around a 30x48 with 2 over head doors and a walk door and will eventually insulated it. If someone has a really good deal i'll go bigger though. We're kind of leaning toward Morton but the price is just over what I want to go on one. Most likely i'll pass on the sheds that are just sheets of curved metal bolted together. So, anyone have any leads on any sales? thanks

Hagan

08/2013 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You mean shop?

What are you looking for? Does it have to be insulated? Is a contractor building it or are you? Concrete/wood/gravel floor? What are your uses? Height?

There are many many variables in building a shop. I would NOT recommend a 'kit'

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Yes, lots of details you left out. Tuff Sheds is great. Look at their designs and see what you like. You can build on their ideas and make it your own. Skylights to let in light and windows, double doors, shelving and extra storage areas as well. Home Depot has the sheds you can pick from and have it installed and all the foundation and work and even paint is included for a set fee for people who don't want to spend the time to build it ...or can't do that kind of work. I was over there last week to have a price on a custom deck and pergola built for one of my parents lake front property. There is some nice wood work I looked at and really liked what I saw.

tmcalavy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
For something that big, so with Morton...they have a quality history, but you have to know the local builder/installer to be sure you get what you want.

blue83ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yes, a shop. It's probably just where I'm at that I call it a shed. To me what some people call a shed are called a blow away shed. But back to the topic. For now, just because of lack of money, it will be insulated later on and it'll be over a slab of blacktop we have and I would like to concrete it, probably years later with radiant heat in the floor. And for now it'll be used for storage and when we get things rearranged and the shed I'm currently in (24x30) completely finished then i'll switch over to the new building and run a pretty small repair shop out of it and use the smaller shed for the storage. What we priced from Morton was 30x48 with perma columns, vented ridge, soffit, walk door, 4 windows, 2 over head door openings and are plans is to tin over the back door and get a garage door for the front. The price started out at just under $25k and we worked them down to just over $21k. Which to me just sounds really high. From Cleary we got a price of 13k but they absolutely won't do perma columns which is a deal breaker. and I don't think we had a vented ridge or soffit in their quote. We also got a price from FS which isn't even worth talking about. I was just wondering if I missed an ad for an sales current going on. Or if in a different state there's a better sale going on and maybe I could talk them in to doing the same deal where I am.

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I would seriously look at a pole barn. If your strapped for cash, highly recommend you do your research.

My Uncle built a tool shed with 25' from floor to rafters, 75' wide and 125' long.

He used old poles from the Electric co-op, some local rough lumber, and tin, off of old barns.

Had enough room for a Little Bertha wood stove, a very long work bench, a John Deere 45 combine, a 4020, tires, a Lathe, shaper, mill, truck. The only thing he bought new was the premade rafters. Everything else was older than 1975! He built the shed in '97.

So you can go cheap, and get a decent shop.

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
My Parents had a Morton building put up in 1994, its still in great shape. Same dimensions you want, plus a extended porch on the front.

You said you wouldn't want to build a quonset hut (the curved metal buildings)...I agree with you on that, if you want to insulate them it gets real expensive because you have to use spray foam insulation.

If a Morton is over your budget, call around to some contractors and get estimates on building a pole barn.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals