• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

anyone put a 3rd gen front end on a 1st gen?

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
I got the idle set on the MPFI, and it runs like a friggin' champ now......instantaneous throttle response :headbang:

I was in a hurry before I left, and my hood wasn't latched, and flew up as I was driving, trashed the hood, and hinges. now I need to replace those :joe2:

the cowl, and wiper arms got pretty hurt too. I will post pics later

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual

MrRangerSir

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
haven't had time to play with all of the panel-gaps, but it is together :headbang:

I promised myself I was not going to do this, but dude, you're making it too easy. So here goes, my last ever post to TRS.

You and I already had words on this and you chose to break out the flamethrower instead of realizing I was trying to help. I'll hand it to you for actually sticking the pieces back together and for having the kahonies to cut up your ride, but everything I told you about body lines shows to be correct and you, cammerdrz have shown that you have absolutely no idea about the distinctions between a B2, an Explorer, or a Ranger let alone the various generations of an RBV. What you have created is a poorly executed abomination. You correctly predicted your bodywork skills are weak and I'll allow that will affect the build quality, but there is no excuse for your arrogant attitude. Gen II Explorer metal can be grafted to a B2, or a Ranger, but this is not the way to do it. Use the search function right here and you will find some examples.

Your efforts only make me laugh. We are on completely different planets here and I can assure you I'm for real and over here on planet earth, we all have a pretty good grip on reality.

I won't be back, but a certain moderator can take credit for that. Delete this post, ban me, I don't care. I will happily stay out of your fanfasy world.

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
Don't worry my rig was an abomination long before i did this to it :D

you aren't the first guy to call it that over the years you arent even the 10th......:icon_thumby:

skiboarder

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think that guy is a ass hat. It is your rig and if you wanted to weld a Prius front end to it, do it. Were does he get off saying that you stuff is an abomination. It is not a show car. It will never be a show car. That is a good thing. Won't he be mad when we mount that Chevy into my BII. Ass hat.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Cam, your BII is an abomination, but that's only because it has a chubby engine. I love the way it looks. Might do that to mine since the front end it all smashed up anyway.

dieseldane

Supporting Member
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B2
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
If it doesn't fit, force it!
I like what you've done. Thought about trying the same thing myself.

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I dig it.

Thinking outside the box is what its all about.

People thought I was crazy when I built my B2.

Do what you want, however you want. Its your truck. I applaud your work.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I promised myself I was not going to do this, but dude, you're making it too easy. So here goes, my last ever post to TRS.

You and I already had words on this and you chose to break out the flamethrower instead of realizing I was trying to help. I'll hand it to you for actually sticking the pieces back together and for having the kahonies to cut up your ride, but everything I told you about body lines shows to be correct and you, cammerdrz have shown that you have absolutely no idea about the distinctions between a B2, an Explorer, or a Ranger let alone the various generations of an RBV. What you have created is a poorly executed abomination. You correctly predicted your bodywork skills are weak and I'll allow that will affect the build quality, but there is no excuse for your arrogant attitude. Gen II Explorer metal can be grafted to a B2, or a Ranger, but this is not the way to do it. Use the search function right here and you will find some examples.

Your efforts only make me laugh. We are on completely different planets here and I can assure you I'm for real and over here on planet earth, we all have a pretty good grip on reality.

I won't be back, but a certain moderator can take credit for that. Delete this post, ban me, I don't care. I will happily stay out of your fanfasy world.
i missed this rant somehow....

:icon_rofl:

"I promised myself I wasn't going to cry...."

what a d-bag.

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
thanks guys. I think the ass-hat didn't realize that this is a trail rig, not some show rig....

my front end was totally smashed, I think it was worth it. I also plan on tucking winch on top of the frame rails, directly under the radiator in that gaping space I have.

1) that will fill the space,
2) I can build a tube bumper around the winch to protect the winch instead of having it hanging off the front like most rigs to get smashed,
3) it won't limit my ability to push other rigs with my bumper (ever been on the trail "hey can you push me?" and someone is like "oh, no way. I don't want to screw up my winch....")
4) it won't interfere with my approach angle

any thoughts on this idea?

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
this is what i did:

once i get a winch, it'll tuck right in there between the frame rails. all 3/16" plate. you could do the same with some tube

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
luckily unlike yours my winch won't be out in front of the grille, and won't be between the frame rails. it will sit on top of them

but it does look like yours will protect the winch pretty well, and will be pretty decent for pushing, as long as you don't use a roller fair-lead. the only real issue would be getting your winch rope pinched/damaged because that will be the point that contacts anything first. nice work though :icon_thumby:

Last edited:

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
it'll start with a roller fair lead, but eventually i'll get a synthetic line and a hawse. doubt i do too much hardcore wheeling with it once it's done though. more for camping, hunting, beach trips, etc. i plan on building something else to beat the snot out of, trail rig only.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals