• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone play Call Of Duty 4?

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I think I'm hooked, I got the PC version and spend every chance I get playin the thing. Just wonderin if anyone on here plays the PC version an if you use any particular server or anything to play on an all.:icon_cheers:

broken2wd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i have played the x-box version. its fun. haven't got to play it on live though, stupid satellite internet. I like the single player missions though.

ryan

Forum Administrator
Administrator
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
very odd- i was just coming to the site to post the exact same question

i got the ps3 version last week, and beat the single player sometime during the week. have been playing online most afternoons

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
very odd- i was just coming to the site to post the exact same question

i got the ps3 version last week, and beat the single player sometime during the week. have been playing online most afternoons
:tease:

Beat ya to it!

I'd like to play the game more than I am, but if I did that nothing would get done around here, lol. I played the single player mode till I hit a mission that I was having trouble getting past, then started playing multiplayer to build my skills more. I need 3 more xp to get to a level 29... I've got a good bit of stuff unlocked but I really want to get the .50 cal sniper rifle unlocked...

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I got/play the PS3 version.....i have maxed out my online levels and beat the game numerous times.....i absolutely love playing online and can't wait for the new online maps to come out!

my online screen name is lifted97ranger if anyone with a PS3 wants to play...

dranger21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Ive had the game since christmas and its addicting. I have the ps3 version and my name is dangerranger21 if anyone ever wants to play online just look me up.

michowski

Reaction score
I play the pc version from time to time. I mostly just play cal mode servers and scrim. Just multi online is to easy in itself so I play with the league players and those hardcore guys who do the tournaments. Im a level 40 rank twice now and had the game since day 1. I even had my own server running at the beginning. My xfire is michowski if anyone uses that.

james99

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
me and my friends play the pc verson and it is alot of fun. i am level 54 and all the severs are perty good.

ryan

Forum Administrator
Administrator
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
i'm assuming there's no crossover between computer, xbox, and ps3 servers?

i play as rmm989. i definitely suck now, but i'm constrained a lot by what weapons i can carry. still breaking a lot of rust off. i haven't played an multiplayer shooter since the demo beach map was out for return to wolfenstein

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
i'm assuming there's no crossover between computer, xbox, and ps3 servers?

i play as rmm989. i definitely suck now, but i'm constrained a lot by what weapons i can carry. still breaking a lot of rust off. i haven't played an multiplayer shooter since the demo beach map was out for return to wolfenstein
From what I understand, there is no crossover... though the PC guys get some cool maps like the winter crash one

FWIW, I'm using LBF as my name on there. I think I'm doing ok, but I'm trying to shake off some rust myself... not as long as you, but it's been a good couple years (my laptop didn't like running 'em).

michowski

Reaction score
No there is no crossover for this game. There probly never will be either for fps games. Computer would just stomp the consoles for fps. You just cant beat the mouse and keyboard combo compared to a controller. Computer wins hands down.

Insanejughead

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94, '86
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
Transmission
Manual
No there is no crossover for this game. There probly never will be either for fps games. Computer would just stomp the consoles for fps. You just cant beat the mouse and keyboard combo compared to a controller. Computer wins hands down.
Agreed!

I had borrowed COD4 for a while. I only got up to lvl 9, but I sure have fun playing it.

I'm waiting on my urge to buy ranger parts to stop for a bit so I can save a bit of money to get the game for good.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I got my copy from a guy who said that he bought it, installed it, and uninstalled it even faster.... said it didn't work on his Dell, put the comp into fits. Tried to return it and Best Try told him "no open box software returns."

So I snagged it at a discount. :D

ryan

Forum Administrator
Administrator
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
yeah - i'm dying for a keyboard mouse combo right now. i think i could do it in theory with the ps3

edit - if someone was up for a weekly game, i'm in

michowski

Reaction score
actually for the ps3 they have a keyboard and mouse made by logitech for it. There available at walmart. Ive seen em a few times. You can turn your ps3 into a computer for the most part.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals