• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone have Verizon FIOS?

ryan

Forum Administrator
Administrator
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
here's what mine looks like:

it totally blows my mind how bad my UL is. I'm fine with 15mb, but less than 1 for the UL is ridiculous

chillmiller: how much bandwidth do you have??

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic

I noticed that different servers produced different results, not sure how reliable this test actually is...

Those other connections are doing things, holy crap that is some decent bandwidth (for a home connection :)).

Pete

Last edited:

chillmiller

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Explorer
Engine Size
4.0 ohv
Transmission
Automatic
well there 3 switches before a fiber optic line gets in your house and its still runs thro cat5 when in your house and most routers are only rated at 10/100 and most stock cards in pc's are only rated at 10/100

3 switches

from main server to switcher - from switcher to onpole switcher- from OPS to house and thats just to your house then depending on if your running right off the router or thro that then a linksys style switch and running wired or wireless

as you cann see it gets befuddled alot

this is me today not the fastest but livable

ryan

Forum Administrator
Administrator
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
what bandwidth packages are you guys using with verizon? i mean, if those are the 15/5 connections and that's the "real" bandwidth you're getting, even if it's off a bit in the test, that seems rough

i dont think i could live with a 92 ms ping.

i think my connection is supposed to be 15/768, which makes zero sense to me. their super high end 30mbs connection limits uploads to 2mbs. the verizon bandwidth caps for similar connections are 5mbs and 15mbs respectively

i'm probably just being anal about it, but i feel like i'm not getting the value i should from a 15 mbs connection. i should probably just call them and try and get their 30mbs connection by threatening to switch

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
what bandwidth packages are you guys using with verizon?
Mines 10/2Mb(it)/s

i think my connection is supposed to be 15/768, which makes zero sense to me. their super high end 30mbs connection limits uploads to 2mbs. the verizon bandwidth caps for similar connections are 5mbs and 15mbs respectively
Seems like they did that to prevent people from pirateing software and other data. I remember there was no upload cap when cable first came out, but they capped ithe upstreams because a ton of people were doing this. My eyes lit up when I seen an old friend of mine uploading files at 300kb(yte)/s back when I was still 56K.

Pete

chillmiller

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Explorer
Engine Size
4.0 ohv
Transmission
Automatic
when hard wired i have no problem dl at 900+ kb/s and uploading at 500+ when uhhh dould....loading fully payed for and not pirated ... uhh software ya...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals