• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone have the manual or specs?

kmdracer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Okay, I've searched, both here and elsewhere, and not been able to find the info I'm looking for.

Vehicle: 2000 Ranger XLT Extended Cab, 2 wheel drive, 3.0 flex, 5spd manual.

When I bought it last month, the shocks were shot, and the swaybar end links were bad also.
When I replaced the shocks, the rears went on normally, but on the front, I had to compress the a arms/suspension in order to start threading the top nut. (I had the truck up on jackstands, suspension unloaded.)

When I replaced the swaybar end links (Moog replacement style from auto parts store) I had to force the end links into place, even with the suspension unloaded.

This doesn't seem correct to me. The truck looks like it sits high in the front now, as if front to rear it's level. It seems to ride fine, though a bit stiffer than I thought it would. That could be the shocks (Monroe sensa-tracs) as I've never used them, or it could be too much pre-load on the sway bar.

I'm thinking I need to re do the end links with the suspension loaded )tires on the ground)
Does anyone have the actual lengths of the factory swaybars with bushings? I can't measure my old ones, as the bushings were completely gone on them.

Thanks for reading and any/all answers!

Cody Ray

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
The springs may not be seated properly. Also it isn't a bad idea to chain the springs to the frame in case they decide to come popping out!

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Nothing you did should really have had any effect on the ride height, and the method of installation of your sway bar links should certainly not have had the sort of effect you describe.

If anything, your rear springs may be worn out if it isn't sitting properly.

kmdracer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the replies guys. The truck rides well (I've put about 3,000 miles on it with the new stuff)

Just seems strange to me how everything in the front went together even though the front suspension was unloaded.

I still haven't been able to find the exact length of the front swaybar end link assembly, but I did notice that the local auto parts store has 2 Rangers as delivery vehicles, so, next time I'm there, will measure the length and angles.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals