• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone have a snow plow on their Ranger?

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
We sold a few Rangers with plows for people to plow their driveways. The Fisher Homesteader is popular because it's lighter than most. I noticed that the original post was from a guy in Texas, it snows in Texas enough to buy a plow?

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
at the time he was in ohio

oppie1

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I can say without a doubt it can be done and in my situation which is 300’ plus gravel driveway with elevation and a bit of side slope the Ranger has been every bit better than my 2004 F250 with a MM2. I am using a SnoWay ST 7,6” with down pressure, Nokian Rotiva AT,s for rubber and Timbrens all the way around. The local alternator shop recommended against a beefier alternator, so stock alternator with a 3 year old Interstate battery. To date, no issues, in NWCT which receives a fair amount of snow each year, typically fairly wet. I have a few pics of front end sag, the plow is poly which I reskinned in aluminum this year as poly does not like rock, so fairly light. The down pressure cleans better than the Fisher MM2, so weight is not that important. About 250 lbs of sand in bed at the tailgate and to date no complaints about traction even when plowing uphill. I will try to post pics of sag and stacked snow soon. The turn radius and parts pricing are well worth the effort I made to downsize.

BlackBeauty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B3000
Transmission
Manual
I have been plowing with my Ranger twin since I got her 5 years ago. It's a 7'2" SnowEx with downpressure. I do my driveway and that of my folks.
Screenshot_20221230-182159_1.jpg

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals