• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone have a cabin they get away to?

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Not really a cabin. Dad "rebuilt" a camper that we keep in camp at the hunting lease. About 1000 acres of pine forest that we share with 20 other members. During the season there are at most 5 club members on the property, in the off season it's empty. No pictures, and doubt I'll think to get any nest time I'm out there.

Once I hit the lottery I'll get a proper cabin and post pics.

I like ledphoot's "camper". Might just have to do something like that with an ole E-series converted to 4wd.

ridgerunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My "Getaway" cabin is a 94 Aerostar with the seats removed in back, an air mattress, rod racks on the ceiling, a kayak rack on the roof and a trailer hitch if I need to haul more. It hides me away anywhere I can park it for some quiet time on the water or sun and sand. Best trade I ever made. Neighbor was 26 his Mom passed and he ended up with it. I saw it in his back yard and asked what a young single guy needed with a minivan and he told me how he got it. I said, what ya gonna do with it, he says "trade it for something cool, or some cash dunno. I walked him over to my garage and pointed at an old foosball table I had leaned up against the wall for several years and said trade ya even and I'll throw in 2 12pk of your fav beer. One $100 foosball table 2 12pks of Icehouse and I had a clean, fully loaded, 98k orig mile van. Ive had it 6 yrs . It now has 164k still drives good and does what I need. Ive even pulled a 21ft boat with it a few times when my Yukon has been down or I wanted my "camper" with me..
Me likey! Got er for cheap, hope he shared the beer.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals