• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone have a 22 mag?

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Haha that makes me think of 2 more questions....

What gun do regret parting with most?

Whats the worst thing you have seen done to a gun?

That engraving story is pretty bad lol

I had a 1911 I regret selling...but growing up shooting glocks, couldnt get used to the darn thing, took a box of ammo before I could hit anything. It wasn't the gun because my 1911 toting buddy was deadly w/ it.

I have that same problem with my buddies M+P 9mm, can not hit the side of a barn to save my life, god damn embarrassment. I can sling led with the best of them, one handed with my Remington 1911.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
I have that same problem with my buddies M+P 9mm, can not hit the side of a barn to save my life, god damn embarrassment. I can sling led with the best of them, one handed with my Remington 1911.
yep I still regret getting rid of it, instead of trying to get used to it....I tried my buddys wifes kimber mini 1911, same thing, couldnt hit a barn...

I do okay coming off my glock to a m&p, and even berettas 92 I can shoot well...Just somethin about those 1911s Im useless with em.... its definitely the apples and oranges of pistols...

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I wish I would have never got rid of that .44 magnum. Even though it had engraving done by a 5 year old it was still a .44 magnum that was fun to shoot and could take down a pretty big animal being a .44 magnum. The engraving was also the worst thing I seen done to a gun. I only have one picture of the .44 but it doesn't show the side with the engraving.

I also have a .22 marlin bolt action. An old model 88 which I haven't had a chance to shoot yet (damn city limits). Pretty much bought it because I just like collecting guns. Well, not a fan of black powder guns but ok to shoot them, just don't like messing with them.

My favorite shotgun would be my Maverick model 88 (same thing as the mossbergs). It was a gift from my wife and just a good all around shotgun. Everyone knows the sound of a pump shotgun loading a shell. That sound alone can scare criminals away lol. I heard somewhere that the sound of a pump shotgun loading a shell is the most recognizable sound in the world.... Probably about as true as every other true statement online but you get the idea.

Can't go wrong with a .357 for those looking at buying a gun. Do they make a bad .357?

Here's a pic of the old .44 I had. Other picture is of a single shot 20g I have that I stripped the walnut stain off and did some wood burning on the stocks then stained it with a few coats of golden pecan. It was a gun I paid $50 for so I wasn't to concerned if I messed up. I don't plan on ever selling it since it's a good starter gun for my kids but can still shoot 3" slugs if I need to.

Attachments

ford4wd08

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Bump to one of my old threads. I did end up getting a 22 mag for myself for Christmas.

I love older Winchesters, they didn't make a 22 mag lever that was pre-64, but the 9422's they came out with was an effort much like the Super X One to restore the Winchester name.

So I picked up a near mint 9422M. Picked it up today. Looks like it spent a lot of life in a closet more than anything.

I know Henry makes good rifles for a better price, but the name Winchester means something to me so I bought this one. It has gone up on value quiet a bit since they quit making them.

Attachments

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Love me some Winchester lever guns...

That one looks like new money!

John97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Nissan Titan XD
Engine Size
5.6 Endurance V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
265-60-20
Very nice. I like the vintage pieces too.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
Congrats and also good luck finding ammo.

ford4wd08

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Congrats and also good luck finding ammo.
I've got 400 rds I bought and another 200 on the way. Plus a box of 250 I already had. It's out there. Might just have to pay a little more than you are used too.

CCI has quiet a bit out there and I ordered some Hornady that should be delivered soon.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Bump to one of my old threads. I did end up getting a 22 mag for myself for Christmas.

I love older Winchesters, they didn't make a 22 mag lever that was pre-64, but the 9422's they came out with was an effort much like the Super X One to restore the Winchester name.

So I picked up a near mint 9422M. Picked it up today. Looks like it spent a lot of life in a closet more than anything.

I know Henry makes good rifles for a better price, but the name Winchester means something to me so I bought this one. It has gone up on value quiet a bit since they quit making them.
Nice!

Henry makes nice stuff... their receivers just don't look right though. A Winchester or the like... you can tell that thing is made out of steel.

ford4wd08

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Nice!

Henry makes nice stuff... their receivers just don't look right though. A Winchester or the like... you can tell that thing is made out of steel.
I'm looking into JM Marlins now... I would like to a 1894 in 357 Mag or 38 Spl.

They're pricey, but not making them any more either.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm looking into JM Marlins now... I would like to a 1894 in 357 Mag or 38 Spl.

They're pricey, but not making them any more either.
I am really curious how ruger does with them. I just saw the other day they had been running 45-70's already.

I had a Remlin... those were sad.

ford4wd08

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I am really curious how ruger does with them. I just saw the other day they had been running 45-70's already.

I saw the post on them too for the 45-70's.

I think Ruger will do much better than Remlin did.

Ruger has been making revolvers and more hand labor intensive fire arms for years were Remington went away from that with the manufacturability of the 870's 1100's etc.

Just have to see i guess.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17

Remington/Freedom Group didn't understand the need for certain processes done on lever guns or didn't care and cut costs. They also moved the manufacturing facility(ies) and lost experienced employees in the process. Freedom Group ruined quite a few good brand names. I hope the new owners can fix that.

Ruger has past lever gun experience, so they might do ok.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals