• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

anyone familiar with Bose amps??

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
So I haven't had any luck searching the ol internet for a good wiring diagram for a bose amp on my envoy. Trying to add an amp and sub to the existing setup. I found diagrams for 05+ envoy's but mine is completely different than that. I know GM blah blah blah go to a GM forum blah blah blah and I've tried that with no luck. Hoping someone on here has a link to a diagram or know how to get a hold of someone at Bose who could help. The stupid wiring harness has multiple matching wires which makes no sense to me why there are two different sets of green wires, 2 sets of blue wires, etc. I can see the speaker wires at the front door speaker and they are a thick green (like the ones on the harness) and a red wire (WTF) I don't have a red wire at the harness..... I haven't pulled the door panel off yet but just trying to find written info before I tear more panels off lol. I have an LOC to use so I can run the amp and sub but I heard you need to tap into the front door speakers instead of the rear speakers or else you lose bass when turning it up. I guess if it comes down to it i'm just gonna pop the door panel off and trace the wires but i'm hoping someone can get a legit diagram for this amp.... I figured I could have found it given I have the amp model number but nooooooo, that's not the case.....

Anyone even know why there would be 2 sets of the same colored wires anyway? Seems like an easy way to screw up wiring when they are the same color.

Attachments

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Bose have always been weird. I know Nissan Maximas had Bose speakers and each one came with its own little Bose amp.

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Yeah, that's not it either. I've looked at probably 50 different wiring diagrams and none of them resemble what I have. All I need is the left front + and - or the right front + and - but I can never find a legit answer.... I'm about to start tearing every panel off.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!

allnpt0

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I work at a GM dealership. PM me your vin, I'll look at the wiring diagrams for your Envoy.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals