• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone experienced with SpeedFan or etc?

Daven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey everyone, finally got my system going again. I had it going before but after just 3 days the harddrive crapped out on me lol so i had to get a new one. Im up to 1200 bucks :icon_surprised: now including speakers.... But i guess thats pretty good considering what i got lol. But aaaanyways..

I love the SpeedFan program because i like to monitor my temps, but i dont really know how to work it lol.

First, how can i figure out what temps are for what? Some are pretty straight forward like GPU and Core, but its really confusing lol.

Next, I bought more fans for the front, sides and top of my case. In total for the case fans i have the rear 12cm, 2 14cm sides, 2 14cm tops, and 12cm front. This is my first time building a computer, so im not sure how to do much yet. I plugged the fans into the power supply as that seemed the only place to plug the in lol. So is there a way i can plug them into the motherboard and set them to speedfan? Im assuming that they always spin at 100% right now.

I will post what i ahve when i get a chance, im not at home atm. Thanks in advance for any help and/or advice :icon_thumby:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I've used a few utilities to monitor temperature...can't remember their names...something health was one...but, essentially, your system specs should tell you what temps are good and what is going to cause a melt down...not familiar with Speedfan, but it should have a warning system that sends you a pop-up or e-mails you that your temps are excessive...in some cases the system will auto shut down when the safe temps are exceeded or you can set it to do so.

Short of that...I'm sure someone else on here has used the prog and will probably be able to offer more effective suggestions (like RTFM...lol). If you're not gaming or running some serious number crunching for days on end you probably will never have to worry about it...I think I gave up watching it after about a week...that, I might add, I would like to recover from the manufacturer of the MoBo...:)

Daven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ya, i know my components shouldnt be getting too hot. Highest i've gotten my video card so far is 60 degrees. Havent played any games yet tho, just videos and stuff. I basicallyjust want to figure out how to get all my fan's speeds controllable on speedfan. Like i said, i just have my side fans (and my top fans when i get them) running straight off the power supply so theres not a way to control them. The fans i bought were supposed to be really quiet, but they are kinda loud... So SpeedFan will allow them to run at like 70% or something untill it is needed.

Here is what i have if any of you are interested. I love it lol, its a bit overkill tho in a few areas :D ...

-Logisys CS2006BK case
-(2) 120mm blue LED fans for front intake and rear exhaust
-(4) 140mm blue LED fans, 2 for side intakes and 2 for top exhausts. (Coolermaster R4-L4S-10AB-GP )
-AMD Phenom x6 1090 Black Edition
-GTX 460 1GB video card
-1TB HDD (7200RPM)
-8GB DDR3 RAM
-M68MT-S2P motherboard
-500W power supply
-5.1 Xonar DG sound card

And i just got my new speakers :yahoo: They are the Corsair SP2500 2.1 system. These things are friggen AWESOME! lol Alot of punch and they sound very good. Best ive heard for 2.1 speakers yet, would definately recomend for anyone lookign to buy a 2.1 system. Got it on sale for 190 with free shipping on NCIX, so 40 bucks off and free shipping. Couldnt be happier lol, the sub is huge tho. I have no use for 5.1 right now, have no good way to put rear speakers

Anyways... Lol

Last edited:

Daven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Are there plugs on my motherboard to plug in the other fans? SpeedFan shows 5 speeds and such, but only 2 slots being used by fans. Is this because they arent plugged in or because the program is made to handle up to that many? How can i figure this out? lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals