• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

anyone else going through the wonders of college applications?

rjppunk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
Anybody else here relating to filling out applications, gathering recommendations, and sending out transcripts? Aint much fun:annoyed:

97BlackBetty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Wait until you start dealing with financial aid. There are a low of us who are in college right now, so if you have any questions go ahead and ask.

97ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well I went through the process 4 or 5 years ago. I didnt remember having much problems, but I only applied to state schools in the state I lived in. I think I could send the same form to all 4 that I applied.

Z3CHYD

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3 front 5 rear
Tire Size
225/60R15
Anybody else here relating to filling out applications, gathering recommendations, and sending out transcripts? Aint much fun:annoyed:
ooo yea...sucks doesn't it, I almost wish i could stay a senior... it can't just be "easy" to fill out forms an all that. But I guess its for the good, in the long run (aka better job= more cash to spend on you/your trucks lol)

mlw20lu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
not to be a dick but unless the economy changes your degree dont mean jack. my bestfriend got his business degree and sent out 150 applications and still is working at a golf course... so might as well stay in school as long as you can!

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I haven't actually sent any yet, but atleast I started out with a few general ed. classes at the local college... I need to start some applications.

Chance

RIP - 10/7/2010
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
What I hated filling out was that FAFSA thingy...
I got accepted into the only college I applied for, so filling out applications wasn't a big deal :D

KELLY88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 2005
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
About to start. I've been in community college for a couple years and now have to transfer to a University to finish the degree. For anybody that's gone through this, do you have to do the whole application process from the beginning or is there another way?

rjppunk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
Well I bet my asociates this spring but I want my BA, and even though the economy sucks engineering remains a strong field so Im not too worried. Im applying for concordia university in montreal and I just forgot how fun fafsa and all that was

gatlin04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V6 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
all that i can say is make damn sure that you get your FAFSA turned in ASAP!!! I was an idiot and did not understand the importance of loans.... I ended up paying $1600 a month for the first 3 months of school until my Financial Aid came in. I basically drained all my accounts. Not to mention, i had to sell my sweet ass P71....

99RangerKrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I'm going through the wonders of paying for college. It's ridic. But yeah feel free to ask any questions, more than happy to help

rjppunk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
I'm still debating taking out a school loan to buy a truck.... lol

Hypnotic Toast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V6
Transmission
Automatic
I'm still debating taking out a school loan to buy a truck.... lol
It would just be more money you'd have to pay back altogether with your tuition and such.

Luckily I live in a college town (Bloomington, Indiana) so I applied to IU and was accepted. In-state tuition is a little less than HALF of out of state tuition and since IU is a Big Ten school, me living here pretty much saved my ass.

IU is also the 2nd biggest party school in America. Hell yes.

BigJohn76

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i gotta say though, community colleges know how to party too. they are also cheap and will take just about anyone. the paperwork will suck no matter where you go so just try to get through it and it will be fine.

97BlackBetty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
not to be a dick but unless the economy changes your degree dont mean jack. my bestfriend got his business degree and sent out 150 applications and still is working at a golf course... so might as well stay in school as long as you can!

So your friend got a business degree? Along with almost every other Dick and Jane entering the educational system. The problem is not entirely due to the economic situation. Your friend entered the job market that has been overflowing with applicants for the better part of 2 decades. My school had 100% employment for all of our graduates. All of our graduates last year are "afloat." Most of the trades, are still holding on, some are hurting, but they are not feeling it quite as bad as non-trade jobs. Fact is that America is pretty fat and lazy and it seems that a good job these days requires $100K+ and a corner office.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals