• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone else drive RC cars/trucks/boats/crawlers/planes?

redneck_rainey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0ltr
Transmission
Automatic
i am into the hobby and have a 1/10 Traxxas Rustler Vxl velinion brushless truck,1/10 a pimpcane 2.2 crawler,1/10 a losi night crawler, 1/36 losi micro-t trophy version(brushless) an Eflite blade MCX micro heli, and a 1/18 losi mini-t ramminator. i was curios as to whether or not any other trs'ers are into rc

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I have a bunch of cheap-o RC cars and trucks from when I was younger. Most of the time they are more for decoration than anything now, but sometimes I get one out and chase the girl around the apartment with it.

erocka1982

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
over the weekend, there was this nascar thing going on at the mall and they had an RC track set up with nascar truck series. me and a buddy were runnin them and my buddy decided to turn around and go the other way. he hit me head on and destroyed both trucks...we thought it was funny but the guy runnin the track wasnt laughin. i woulda got pics but we had to get out of there pretty quick..lol oops

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I don't but sure would like something to run around the back yard. Good buddy used to fly the planes. Got some good links for some of the mid-range stuff?
Dave

redneck_rainey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0ltr
Transmission
Automatic
I don't but sure would like something to run around the back yard. Good buddy used to fly the planes. Got some good links for some of the mid-range stuff?
Dave
Entry level for just toying around and low maitnence? Ur gonna want a traxxas. Got to traxxas.com. The best line for
you woul. Be the ELECTRIC rustler based line consisting of the rustler, the stampede and the bandit. the rustler is a trophy truck. The stampede is a monster truck. And the bandit is a buggy. Stampede is for more extremely large jumps and abuse, but at the cost of some speed and runtime. The bandit is for a prepared dirt track or asphault, small skinny tires maximize speed and runtime, but the skimpyness compramises durabilty. The Rustler is for smooth surface or hard packed dirt/short grass, this truck is a sweet and perfect blend of speed, handleing and durability. The xl-5 version is what ur gonna want if u dont wanna spend too much and go too fast. ( roughly 45mph tops). If u want stupid fast go with the vxl. Vxl uses a brushless motor and with an upgraded battery u can easily top 70 mph. But more costly. Im an expert on rc. Ant questions just hit me up.

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I REALLY would like to get into RC boats. I live near a conservation area with a nice lake. I want to build a Magnum 57!!

But I can buy a good entry level amateur camera(photography, switchable lenses) for the same price(around 900, The Canon 400D EOS )

and there is my Ham radio hobby, I would like to get a 897D.

Choices, Choices!! I NEVER liked battery powered RC. I just don't like the batteries and a real miniature motor really gives you some realistic feel.

and don't forget the ...

The RAPTOR heli, if you can fly the Raptor, you can fly the REAL THING. The controls are laid out just like a life sized helo.

The only thing I wished was that RC stuff is cheaper, RC is friggin expensive, especially the Raptor(which you will most likely crash and have to repair)

Last edited:

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
ive got an old rc10gt and an rc10ds. the i tore the ds apart cause i cant find parts for it and was gonna rebuild it with all gt parts on the ds chassis, but its getting harder and harder to find gt parts now too so i guess it doesnt really matter much anymore. i should get rid of them both and get another rtr

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Sone R/C discussion here from a couple months ago.

http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65896

I NEVER liked battery powered RC. I just don't like the batteries and a real miniature motor really gives you some realistic feel.
Have you played with the newer (larger) brushless electric systems using lithium polymer batteries? This stuff puts Nitro powered R/Cs out to pasture lol.

The 1/10 scale Traxxas E-Revo electric holds a speed record of 91.2 MPH.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP17Bg40cso

IlovemybroncII

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Chev
For
Engine Size
350/2.9/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
Yup and when those batt lithium goes nuclear they go have you seen one catch fire

o4rhm1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My serious car 1/8th scale Mugen MBX-5 Prospec. OS-21 motor off brand tires, sweet oval track or off road. My toy 1/10 CEN CENRacing .16 motor.... fun times...

redneck_rainey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0ltr
Transmission
Automatic
lipos dont explode every time you charge them like the rumours say, ive had 15 lipos and never had one go bad or swell, and every electric i have ever owned would put a comparable nitro truck to shame. times have changed and electric technologies just plain old passed up the nitro brawn.

milje

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I fly, I have a nexstar trainer and a pelican Harmon rocket racer that I have yet to put together (won it at a fly in). Dad has a P51 and a few electric heli's. We started building a 500 foot airstrip on our property, got a lot of finishing work to do on it though.

I want a big stik .60, a guy that flies with us has a .40 stik and I love it. Don't have much of a desire for highly acrobatic planes. Basic stuff is fine for me. I leave the hot-doggin to the simulator, that has a reset button.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
I fly, I have a nexstar trainer and a pelican Harmon rocket racer that I have yet to put together (won it at a fly in). Dad has a P51 and a few electric heli's. We started building a 500 foot airstrip on our property, got a lot of finishing work to do on it though.

I want a big stik .60, a guy that flies with us has a .40 stik and I love it. Don't have much of a desire for highly acrobatic planes. Basic stuff is fine for me. I leave the hot-doggin to the simulator, that has a reset button.
I'd suggest getting the big stik .60 and putting one of the small gas engines on it or a small weedeater conversion, cheaper to run and just cooler :)

I do as much as I can RC wise, I have a Traxxas monster buggy, T maxx, savage, nitro 4 tec, a Blade CP heli (pain to fly), and several planes but most of them need work like everything else I own...

User Name missing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I putz around with those air hog RC planes. For my sized yard and budget, works just fine with me. I usually chase the kids with it or vice versa. they can sure take a beating, but I still go thru one every year. but for $20-30 a plane, I can afford too.

3literEarl91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Between my dad and I we have 3 planes, a t-maxx 2 duratrax max st and my custom built frankenstein nitro drag truck. it keeps me out of trouble.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals