• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone around Vancouver - Washougal Area?

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I'll definitely be heading out there this summer.

This summer it will be an entire weekend trip. During the summer I camp when I wheel, during the winter it is just day runs.
Or for me anyway.

I'm not positive when I would be able to go, because I graduate on the 15th of June, and then a little while after that I will probably be moving out and moving in with my cousin, but we'll see. That would put a halt on weekends for a bit I think.

But we'll have to try and get a run going!! Hopefully my cousin will have his Scout done by summer.

alpinestar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.0l
Transmission
Automatic
where i wheel no one has ever been harrassed. the only time we have problems is when people get drunk and do stupid shit up there. everything is all open public access the only part that would be illegal is some of the roads we drive have been tank trapped by loggers which just makes them funner but most of them havent been touched in the past 10 years. so as far as legality its all good and im all for staying legal. actually there was at one point a cop that was asking us to help them haul out a stolen truck for them but never got around to it cuz they couldnt get a tow truck to haul it in to town that day...

yodaman1151

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
i'm down with camping... he still doesn't have that thing running? man he was almost done in march wasn't he?

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yeah... He was "supposed" to have it done back in December when we made the run to Tahuya. Right now he is just waiting for the guy at his work to get his ass to his house and help him setup the axles (he's regearing). Then he basically just needs to plum everything, and it should be wheelable, but he would still need to put in the rear floor.
And he has had other project as well. Like his offroad gokart that he is putting a 550 inline 4 out of an '80's Kawasaki street bike, in.

dangeranger01

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I havnt been on in a few days. Im in Longview and down to go wheelin leagal or not ;) Lets get something togather.

alpinestar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.0l
Transmission
Automatic
I havnt been on in a few days. Im in Longview and down to go wheelin leagal or not ;) Lets get something togather.
i will send you a pm of my number. im running a trail we call texas creek this weekend. anyone that wants to come is welcome. also gonna be camping out there. its not super hardcore but its alittle technical and fun.

alatino621

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
im in woodland, wa i hit larch, sunset, vancouver lake,jones creek, and davis peak (all frowened apon areas) but i would like to hit browns camp soon. how soon depends on when i can get my 86 ranger up again. im in the process of a d35 locked w/ 4.56,s and an 8.8 31 spline swap. i got the d35 but im still trying to get hands on the 8.8 if someone has any leads in the area that would help.

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
im in clatskanie, 20mins from longview and about 45min from vancouver

alpinestar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.0l
Transmission
Automatic
alatino, go to U-Pull It, $112 you can pull an 8.8 out of any explorer you want, and you can search for a limited slip and the correct gear ratio while your there...

4th of july, still planned to go to browns, all are welcome. other than that i NEED a transfercase, if anyone can locate one for me for cheap that would be great, then we can meet up and go wheelin anytime. thanks, later...

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
My dad's got a 1354 manual for sale... I might have a 1350 manual but I'm not sure, had so many of the damn things.

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i now have a 1354E for sale... in case anyone wants it. lol.

In regards to getting an expo axle.....the upullit yard on Foster or the one in Damascus seem to be the ones with all the 95+ expos. Hit it on 1/2 off weekend like me and score a expo axle for about $60!

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I need to find that kind deal on a Wagoneer front axle!

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Dogboy...I've got a '87 waggy D44 sitting in my back yard. $100 it's yours. Complete minus one hub and brake and stub shaft. You'd probably throw on chevy outers for highsteer anyway right?

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Dogboy...I've got a '87 waggy D44 sitting in my back yard. $100 it's yours. Complete minus one hub and brake and stub shaft. You'd probably throw on chevy outers for highsteer anyway right?
We'll see in a couple weeks. I need to find an Explorer first, I don't really want to get parts for something I don't have, and that is still just a "plan". I'll let you know though. But just curious, what is the gear ratio in it?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals