• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anybody in Wa. willing to Help wrench 4 $?

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm looking to install a body lift on my 03. I have never done it before and think it would be great to have a hand with it. I also don't want my rig to be out of service for any more then a day, witch may happen if I do it by myself. I know it isn't rocket science, and feel confident I could figure it out, but if anyone has some knowledge and is willing to help, I’m willing to pay them for it. I just really don't want to pay a shop to do it, and would love the experience/gain of knowledge included in doing it your self. I live in North Auburn and I'de be happy to give a ride to someone if they want. Save gas and what not. I'll have the lift kit in late January or early february. Thanks.

-Chris:icon_twisted:

DisturbedESV

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
When were you thinking?? I'm not sure I'd be a ton of help muscle wise but I installed my BL about a month ago and I'm definately willing to stop by and might be able to round up some help...

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I might be able to help ya out. I put a 3" body lift on mine over the summer, so I have the knowhow, and me and my dad did it in basicly 1 day. I took a few things off on a Friday (an hours work, MAYBE) and we did the rest in part of the next day. Took maybe 8-10 hours total, and we had nover done a lift on a ranger before.

Where exactly is "north" Auburn? I work in Auburn and live in Enumclaw. I've never heard of North Auburn, is it over by all the car dealerships or something? Or up the hill by the community college?

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, I'm directly behind the dealerships on first st. Thanks for your willingness to help. It'll be kinda cool to meet some local TRS members too. That would be sweet to hammer it out in 10 hrs. I'll supply beer too if yall want it. When it comes to muscle, don't worry about it, we can do it all at the shop I work at and use a forklift with wood blocks. I work in Kent about 10 mins from Auburn off west valley.

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Time frame wise, I'm think'n early february for sure. If that changes, I'll let you know.

DisturbedESV

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Sweet... well keep me posted on the install date 'cause I'm definately stopping by even if I'm not much help... it took us about 15-20 hours to do mine but some of that one one person working alone and we had some unexpected issues which you probably won't run into.

I'm assuming you've already looked around at checklists on what parts/tools to have?

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

DisturbedESV

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Well I had a make-shift kit... just a bunch of peoples left over parts... Fuel line we just cut the original line and got hose, clamps, and barbs from Home Depot. I know the steering extension and fuel line extension and shifter extension are the hardest parts... looks like you have it all and I don't think you need the shifter extension since you're an auto.

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I'd be willing to come up and give a helping hand. feed me and it's free labor. my lift was me alone for 75% of the time and it took a grand total of about 8 hours. DisturbedESV's lift took forever due to all the unexpected problems. Yours would be bodylift #5 for me...

Just a heads up to the OP....i'd set aside a full weekend to be safe. I started mine the afternoon and ended at like 3am. lol. Since you are starting with a full kit...everything you need is in there. That's where Disturbed's issues sorta came into play.

What sorta tools to you have to use? do we need to bring our own or...?

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have a good amount of tools. Pretty much all SEA though. Are there any special tools you can think of or metric sizes that are standard for this app? I would be happy to feed who ever is willing to lend a hand. Thanks folks. And happy new year.

turbo cat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
exploder
Engine Size
4.0ohv turbocharged
Transmission
Manual
Im real close to auburn let me know if you need another hand

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have a good amount of tools. Pretty much all SEA though. Are there any special tools you can think of or metric sizes that are standard for this app? I would be happy to feed who ever is willing to lend a hand. Thanks folks. And happy new year.
air compressor, impact, metric sockets, torx sockets, screwdrivers, hose cutter, standard sockets, floor jack, 12x12 chunk of wood, etc...

i believe it's 18mm and 19mm that you need for the body bolts, bumpers, etc. ithink a 3/4 would work too..but i prefer to keep proper tooling for the fasteners. lol.

stuff you should already have. lol. at least i do. lol.

pick out a sat and sun, post it up, and i'll be there...i'll bring some tools too.

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Rock n Roll then. I'll keep yall posted and round up those tools. Thanks guys. It'll be great to finally d-crank my t-bars.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
On the beer thing, "supplying beer to a minor" might not look too good, haha. Not that you would anyway. (I'm sure that was meant for older member)

On mine, it didn't come with a fuel filler extender. The one that is there has enough slack in it to move and compensate for the lift. But mine is a '93 too.
When I did mine, the only real reason I bought the kit was for the steering extender, heater hose extender, and e-brack drop bracket. I had a comeplete 3" lift for an s-10 (free from my uncle) but I figured buying the parts seperate would outweigh the cost of a whole kit.

And by the way, if you have a manual tranny, I would bag getting the shift extender. When I did my lift (July), I had an auto tranny, but swapped to a manual in October, and I love where the shifter sits. It is nice having it lower I think, and it also kept the stock shift-throw lenghts.

I would deffentally have a set of metric wrenches to do this if I were you. The bumper horns, on mine, were 18mm's, and quite a few other things are metric. Why in the hell Ford did that I have no clue...

EDIT: I see you have an automatic.

Last edited:

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, good point on the minor thing. Thats the last thing I need on my record. Haha. I didn't check everyones profiles before I wrote that. Just thought it would be a nice gesture.

I had a lead on 70% of a 3" body lift from my friends 01, but like you said, to buy the rest of the parts would by far outweigh that deal I found.

"EDIT: I see you have an automatic."

I WISH I HAD A MANUAL!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals