• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anybody have a SuperCab 2019 Ranger with the "Rear Seat Delete" Option?

HenryMac

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2019, '31, '27
Make / Model
Ranger, A & T
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo, 350, 5.0 HO
Transmission
Automatic
Total Drop
Stock, about a foot, about a foot
Tire Size
LT 265/65 R17, P285/70R15 & P195/65R15, 820-15 & 500-15
It's a thing. We're ordering a Ranger Friday 09-13-2019, and I'd like some current photo's. Dealer doesn't have any data? I found the photo below on an internet search.

I'm hoping I can get some data by calling Ford Marketing tomorrow.

My questions are:
Are the backseat backs removable on a SuperCab?
Does the factory also remove rear seatbelts?
Does the factory also remove the headrests? (See photo below)
Does the factory install a new panel that goes all the way across the cab on an XL model? (See photo below)

Thanks,

John

2019 Ranger Second-Row Seat Delete.jpg

rob99

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I remember when the Ranger debuted i watched a video from the reveal and a rep or reporter mentioned the rear seat delete choice, its a $240 credit on the XL I configured online, haven't seen any marketing pics other than the one you showed above, wonder if that plastic base comes out too so it's flat across the floor.

Last edited:

Rangerx2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.7 V6
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Always question authority
I have seen one at a dealer. I've thought about ordering one like that myself, an STX. Yes you can get a rear-seat delete option on the Supercab XL, and yes the factory does also remove the headrests. What you get are 2 storage bins within a hard plastic "package shelf". The bin on the right side contains the jack, the left side bin is empty and usable for small items. There are no seat belts as this is now technically a 2-passenger truck. Not a bad idea really because the rear seat in the Supercab is useless for anyone over the age of 10. I sometimes think even large-breed dogs would be cramped back there.
But then again I used to put my labrador retrievers in the back area of my old Ranger Supercabs without a second thought, and they were fine! Why now do I suddenly find myself wondering if I need a crew cab just to put a dog in the back seat? LOL :unsure:

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
I have seen one at a dealer. I've thought about ordering one like that myself, an STX. Yes you can get a rear-seat delete option on the Supercab XL, and yes the factory does also remove the headrests. What you get are 2 storage bins within a hard plastic "package shelf". The bin on the right side contains the jack, the left side bin is empty and usable for small items. There are no seat belts as this is now technically a 2-passenger truck. Not a bad idea really because the rear seat in the Supercab is useless for anyone over the age of 10. I sometimes think even large-breed dogs would be cramped back there.
But then again I used to put my labrador retrievers in the back area of my old Ranger Supercabs without a second thought, and they were fine! Why now do I suddenly find myself wondering if I need a crew cab just to put a dog in the back seat? LOL :unsure:
I like the way you care about your dogs. I have a beagle hound mix who claims to be cramped in the back seat of an extended cab F150 - all by herself, with blanket and pillow and the window open.

Of course, years ago, I traded in an extended cab Silverado for a Yukon for the sole purpose of having enough room for 2 St. Bernards.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My lab has a hard time turning around in my Supercab F-150... and he would really really like rear A/C.

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
My lab has a hard time turning around in my Supercab F-150... and he would really really like rear A/C.
My basset hound/boston terrier mix has no issue in the back seat of my 97 HD lol.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My basset hound/boston terrier mix has no issue in the back seat of my 97 HD lol.
He don't really complain but he has to get resituated so his head can poke thru the seats so he can turn around.

And he snores because he has to have his head on the console to catch the A/C.

Kevin S

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Here’s my two cents … I don't have a dog so that’s not a concern for me. I’ll be using the rear seat area for normal everyday transporting of stuff I don’t want to put in the bed and for suitcases etc. on road trips. I did consider the Seat Delete option at first but after reading about the possibility of increased noise in the cab I decided against it. My solution was simple, cheap and works for me. I removed the rear seat cushions but left the seat backs. I then laid two $10 floor mats I got at the local big box store over where the seat cushions were. To make it a more “custom” fit I cut slits around the seatbelts and I was done. I did buy Velcro to keep them in place but they really don’t move much so I didn’t use the Velcro. I could have trimmed them a little bit but I actually kinda like that they hang over the front protecting the plastic from getting scratched. And the color match is fine. They’re ya go! My cheap option to the Seat Delete option.

Attachments

HenryMac

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2019, '31, '27
Make / Model
Ranger, A & T
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo, 350, 5.0 HO
Transmission
Automatic
Total Drop
Tire Size
It's a thing. We're ordering a Ranger Friday 09-13-2019, and I'd like some current photo's. Dealer doesn't have any data? I found the photo below on an internet search.

I'm hoping I can get some data by calling Ford Marketing tomorrow.

My questions are:
Are the backseat backs removable on a SuperCab?
Does the factory also remove rear seatbelts?
Does the factory also remove the headrests? (See photo below)
Does the factory install a new panel that goes all the way across the cab on an XL model? (See photo below)

Thanks,

John

View attachment 31307
In case anybody else is curious, here is more details on the rear seat delete option.
2019 Ranger XL Rear Seat Delete Option

MXGOLF

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Lariat
Transmission
Automatic
When I bought my Lariat super cab I ask them about removing the headrests to see out the whole back window easier. The service guys could not figure out how to remove them. Three guys and a manager could not figure it out. They are still there. I do like having the seats there but want the head rests gone. I did not know there was a rear seat delete option until today.

HenryMac

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2019, '31, '27
Make / Model
Ranger, A & T
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo, 350, 5.0 HO
Transmission
Automatic
Total Drop
Tire Size
When I bought my Lariat super cab I ask them about removing the headrests to see out the whole back window easier. The service guys could not figure out how to remove them. Three guys and a manager could not figure it out. They are still there. I do like having the seats there but want the head rests gone. I did not know there was a rear seat delete option until today.
The headrests are indeed removable. More here: Does your rear seat outer headrests fold down?

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."

rcpbob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
They might come off a Supercrew but I can't get them to move or come off my Supercab. I will try to figure out how to remove the whole seatback.
In a super-cab, look under the rear seat head rest and you will see a small flap (child Safety Seat Anchor Strap access). Pull it up and you will see a bolt head at the bottom of the pocket, remove the bolt and you can remove the seat back. Before I found out about the rear seat back bolt, I just pushed the release tabs on the headrest at the top of seat back, bent the headrest forward, and pulled up on the head rest. Was a tight fit, but they came out ok.

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
In a super-cab, look under the rear seat head rest and you will see a small flap (child Safety Seat Anchor Strap access). Pull it up and you will see a bolt head at the bottom of the pocket, remove the bolt and you can remove the seat back. Before I found out about the rear seat back bolt, I just pushed the release tabs on the headrest at the top of seat back, bent the headrest forward, and pulled up on the head rest. Was a tight fit, but they came out ok.
Thanks. If I could just take the headrests off that's all I need.

rcpbob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Before I found out about the rear seat back bolt, I just pushed the release tabs on the headrest at the top of seat back, bent the headrest forward, and pulled up on the head rest. Was a tight fit, but they came out ok.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals