• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anybody else out of work due to the beer disease?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I have noticed lot inventory has been drying up at the local dealers both auto and ag. Chrysler looks really bad, they are down to maybe 10 new vehicles... looking pretty bad around Deere too.
We are running out of parts. There are a lot of jobs that used to be same day for parts if we got it ordered by 11. Now some of that stuff is 2 days out.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
The C-130 are almost in the same boat. I think they are still building them, but even the old stuff is still hanging around. Not going to be much longer and the F-15s will be in a similar position, rumor is they are getting ready to buy more of them. I think I'll be retired before they even think about removing the C-130 or F-15 from the fleet. Of course if things keep on the way they are I might early retire, in which case even your KC-135 will outlast me.

The 60 day leave deal was intended for people that have an immune deficiency and are at high risk for complications from the virus. It was majorly abused and I expect some big repercussions from it, unless the union stops it like they usually do. AFGE 987... useful for the worthless, worthless for the useful.

I wish they would let people volunteer for stuff like that. Not much that we could do for COVID-19, but I would have gladly volunteered to help with recovery after some of the hurricanes and stuff that hit the area. Active Duty might get gotten that option, but civilian employees don't.

I think I read that one years ago. Probably bout time to give it another read. Used to read a lot of his stuff when I was working for the library system, but that was almost 20 years ago now. Kinda forgot about him.
What about the KB-50s?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I’m just going to leave this here.
I see today they have a "we pay cash for vehicles" sign out front.

We are running out of parts. There are a lot of jobs that used to be same day for parts if we got it ordered by 11. Now some of that stuff is 2 days out.
We are doing ok on getting parts, due to reduced warehouse staff it is taking longer to get stuff though.

What about the KB-50s?
Retired 50+ years ago because of corrosion and metal fatigue...

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I actually had to look up the B-50, I'm more fimilar with the B-29 and B-52. Turns out the B-50 was just an upgraded B-29, , but they haven't worked on one here in my lifetime. I think we've got both a B-29 and a B-52 in the Museum here.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I actually had to look up the B-50, I'm more fimilar with the B-29 and B-52. Turns out the B-50 was just an upgraded B-29, , but they haven't worked on one here in my lifetime. I think we've got both a B-29 and a B-52 in the Museum here.
IIRC, and I may not because it has been a while since I looked this up, I believe the B-50 was a B-29 air frame with two of the prop engines replaced with jet engines.

But like I said, it's been maybe 15 years since I looked into it.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
IIRC, and I may not because it has been a while since I looked this up, I believe the B-50 was a B-29 air frame with two of the prop engines replaced with jet engines.

But like I said, it's been maybe 15 years since I looked into it.
They changed quite a bit, airframe was improved, bigger piston engines (no jets), bigger vertical stabilizer and a bunch of other little things.

They didn't really start hanging jets on piston powered bombers until they were trying to get more speed out of the B-36.

ISX_15

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
245/60r14
I’m out for atleast 2 weeks. Anybody else out?

if you need me. I’ll be in the garage trying to get this damn ranger done.
due to the beer disease managed to LAND a good job, guess imma forklift op

MaicoDoug

U.S. Military - Veteran
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger FX4 LVL2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2 inches in the back, not enough in the front
Tire Size
32x11.5x15
Air Force Specialty code 43151E, Crew Chief. Tail #0009 B52H.

I did haul 16 cases (16Oz) of Coors BEER up to Kincheloe AFB up to the upper peninsula Michigan in the dead of winter '75-'76. Coldest on record still until today. Ran out of fridges to safely store the liquid gold, so I showed up at the flight commander's office (my boss's boss) The first Sargent was more than agreeable when I gave him those 4 cases to store for me. I never got charged for those 4 extra days leave....and I never got my cold weather gear either. Combat boots & a field jacket at -75 wind chill.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals