• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anxiety...

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
That's a very important thing to have there Sno, a purpose, once we lose all that we get rapidly and totally lost

Mightyfordranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3in
My credo
Clean your room before you criticise the world.
That's the other thing. What am I working for? I'm a single guy no kids no wife. I do have a dog he helps. Always around to play and chew on me when he's bored. (He's only 2)

That's a hard question to answer. What are you working for? Well that is if you don't have a family to care for.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
That's the other thing. What am I working for? I'm a single guy no kids no wife. I do have a dog he helps. Always around to play and chew on me when he's bored. (He's only 2)

That's a hard question to answer. What are you working for? Well that is if you don't have a family to care for.
YOU! You’re working for YOU! So you can have a roof over your head, so you can have food on the table, so you can have clean clothes. At this stage in your life... everything you do is for YOU.

One day that can change. You’ll meet someone and maybe have kids. Then everything you do is for your family. That’s a different chapter... stay in the present and find what makes you happy.

Mightyfordranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3in
My credo
Clean your room before you criticise the world.
I'm with you. But at first I can't look at that its gotta be just doing one thing consistently get up same time everyday.
Then slowly add to that....

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
YOU! You’re working for YOU! So you can have a roof over your head, so you can have food on the table, so you can have clean clothes. At this stage in your life... everything you do is for YOU.

One day that can change. You’ll meet someone and maybe have kids. Then everything you do is for your family. That’s a different chapter... stay in the present and find what makes you happy.
This. and once you get the "you" part mastered, working for a wife/ kids will be much easier. As I said earlier, make it step by step, write it out if you need to, and don't worry about the things you can't change or have no control over.

It will also help focus yourself by helping others, one big and easy way to get rid of anxiety or depression is to help other people. volunteer at a food bank or homeless shelter. it will take your mind off of your worries and will make you feel better at the same time. it will also give you a better understanding that you probably are not as bad off as you think

AJ

1986RangerXL

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have dealt with severe clinical depression for almost half my life. I have had a handful of anxiety attacks, and suicidal thoughts are often regular. I've got a lot of advice, so I'll try to keep it short. Some of what I say might've been said already, but just to reiterate..

You can't dwell on your condition, it will eat you alive. It's natural to think "why me?" but I have found this kind of thinking to be very detrimental. The best thing you can do is find what causes these feelings, and address them. Find things that make you feel better, it will take awhile but once you have a handful or two of things it is easier to deal with.

Physical exercise helps, I lift weights but that isn't everyone's cup of tea. Calisthenics, running, biking etc. It helps.

Goals. It's important to have something to work towards, be it a better job, a hobby, whatever. It gives you a sense of pride when you meet them.

Sleep. I have found the later it gets, the worse my condition gets. So even though I get home at 7:15pm, I'm asleep by 10. Even though it can be hard, just getting enough sleep helps.

Lastly, keep in contact with friends and family. You'll want to shut yourself in, but that's a trap. Get out and talk to people, have friends over, you'll feel better.

When you are overwhelmed just remind yourself to breathe, and take it one step at a time

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I don’t like to talk about my issues. But if someone else finds comfort in feeling they aren’t alone. Then I will speak.

anxiety/depression. I wake up in the morning nervous about driving to work. Thinking about possible scenarios. When my phone goes off I assume the worst. I go throughout the day, wondering wondering if I’ve upset anyone. Constantly worried if I offend anyone. Constant flashbacks to things I’ve said in the past. Overthinking everything I’ve done. Constantly trying to watch what I say. Wondering if people like me or not.

if I sit in silence. My brain wanders into the unknown. I’ve plotted my death. I’ve written the letter in my head. I’ve thought about how other people would feel without me gone. If people would be sad. If people would be happy. Do I mean anything to anyone? I’ve been in my car. And driven to a place in silence. Not even remembering how I got there.

at night I lay in bed. Usually surfing YouTube. Or browsing TRS. I start dozing off. I finally decide to go to sleep. I shut my eyes. And now the brain kicks into overdrive. My chest gets tight. My heart beats. I think about having a heart attack in my sleep. Sometimes I get a song stuck in my head that won’t go away. I think about things I’ve done wrong in my marriage. I think about mistakes I’ve made in my life. I get anxious for work the next day. What happens if I lose my job. I think about my next heart procedure. I think about my parents and there health. I’m planning my moms funeral as shes getting sicker each day.

I admit. My life isn’t as bad as some others. But believe me when I say that I understand anxiety and depression. And I know it can literally eat you alive. It can kill any passion you once had. It can cripple you. It literally slowly kills you. I’m with you my friend. I understand and support you.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
It does feel like you have no life on 2nd. Just work/sleep/work and on the days off rest up more if you didn’t sleep enough during the week. Im on a 4-10 hr days 2nd. start @4 and clock out at 2 am. wish I could go right to bed when I get home but Is usually at least 4 am, back up by 11 to have some food, do laundry/dishes, text the g/f on her lunch break and then make my lunchbox up for work and try to get a hour or two nap back in before heading off to work. It almost feels like I work 2nd and 3rd. The 3 day weekend doesnt feel like much, I’ll spend half of friday in bed and most of saturday afternoon out cold in the recliner. I really dont like my job that much but theres things I want and debts that still need paying. We just got a escape 2 months ago and Im wanting to get it paid for early. My rent is outrageous and we want to either buy this place or purchase something else that will be ours eventually. 2 weeks ago I hit the big 5-0. My daughter has been with a guy for almost 2 years and they are about to get a place of their own. Ive been wondering just where did the time go, Ive got a terrible time perception. Maybe it because I prefer and usually drive older vehicles, I listen to 80’s music and just recently had to give in and get glasses. Oddly enough my greatest comfort is the dog. Always glad to see me, never judgmental, a good listener and companion. Sure things are fine with my g/f, but I only really see her 3 days out of the week and Its does feel like I live alone sometimes. Maybe 1st shift would help.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
245/70 R16
My credo
"Automatic transmissions don't deserve names, other than 'boat anchor." -- PetroleumJunkie412
I've dealt with it in the past. It was initially so bad that I thought I was going to have a heart attack a few times.

It's typically caused by fear. You're worried about something. Maybe you feel you don't have control over something you should. If you don't know what's causing it, you should get counseling. Talking to someone will help identify what's bothering you.

Anxiety is a mental state. You're doing it to yourself. Sometimes you just have to let go and say fawk it.

For me, counseling helped, and then I started going to church. Church turned my life around. I used this bible verse for anxiety:

Philippians 4:6-7

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Basically, pray for God to get you through it, and trust that he will.

Your doctor could give you something for anxiety, but you need to figure out what's causing it, and deal with it.

Maybe come up with a plan to deal with the problem so you feel like you're back in control.

I found myself needlessly worrying about things, and then having to remind myself that it's worked out in the past, and I'm getting ..myself worried for nothing.

If you need someone to talk to, shoot me a message. If I was in Ohio, I'd meet you for some beer and wings. ?
Seriously one the best comments I've ever read on this site. Maybe someday I'll open up on here and share stories, but for now, I just really respect this answer you gave.

zachwabbit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco 2
Transmission
Automatic
Not saying this will help everyone but this is what has helped me personally, and my spouse as well.
-maintain some semblance of a routine, even if it’s little stuff in the morning to help you start the day
-stop watching the constant negative crap on tv, the news on any channel is mostly useless if not all the same useless info anyway, my phone predicts the weather and traffic better
-find what makes you happy, a distraction from yourself if you will, even if it’s little things like tinkering with an RC car, small 5-minute mods to the project rig, or gardening

Even with doing all these things I still struggle with it. But to be honest my job has a lot to do with it because of the stress.. so if anyone in San Diego is looking to hire someone with an automotive background and/or a degree in environmental science please send me a DM:ROFLMAO:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
-stop watching the constant negative crap on tv, the news on any channel is mostly useless if not all the same useless info anyway, my phone predicts the weather and traffic better
I came across a good quote the other day that hit home in light of current events:

I'm not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict. - Carroll Shelby

Ramcharger90

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
306, Bcam,
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Ive realized a long time ago that I was F**KING NUTS.... But I felt at ease when I realized so was everyone else. If you think anybody else has their life in order or tells you they have "it" all figured out they are probably in a cult, or lying to you. Just accept it my friend.

We are on a rock floating in a unimaginable sea of nothingness.

Which is truly a spectacular thing.

The key to finding that inner peace is realizing there really isnt such a fantasy. Life's goal isn't the completion of tasks they are obstacles to overcome its the perseverance you display in your journey.

Then sit back take a deep breath and remember what I said....

I'm F**CKING NUTS.....

Ramcharger90

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
306, Bcam,
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
And if that doesn't work....

Make a calendar and a schedule.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Anxiety is a bitch. Much like multiple people in this thread, I go through phases of it being almost impossible to get out of bed and go to work. Even more annoying is when I can't even get the motivation to do shit that I WANT to do.

I look at the past and see all the mistakes I've made and dwell on them and the possibilitys my life could of been if I had done something just a little different.. I look into the future and have serious doubts about my ability to be a "normal" person.. about my ability to work enough to meet my ideal level of "success".. My ability to put enough money away to have a decent retirement and not have to work until I'm dead...

My biggest fear is getting cancer. I'm absolutely convinced I'm going to be the 1 out of 4 people that gets it. My luck it'll kill me. I'm a prime target for the shit. My diet has been complete crap for the past 15 years, I've been a heavy smoker for nearly 15, all my hobbies for the same 15 years have had some sort of fume/exhaust/dust shit to them and I never used to wear any sort of mask.. My pa had real bad lungs, an uncle and a cousin died of lung cancer (cousin was younger than I am now)

I'm pretty much convinced I'm not going to grow old. I'll have some horrible painful drawn out death when I'm 32 or something.. Probably right after I have my first child. I've felt this way for.. A long time.. And good old anxiety makes it near impossible for me to go to a doctor and get regular checkups.. Let alone cancer screens.

Apart from that, my biggest single issue is loss and fear about losing someone. I lost someone pretty much every year for quite awhile right when I turned 16.

My dad died in an accident at work.
Best friend died from a lukemia relapse.
Cousin got cancer.
Grandfather was old.
Uncle got cancer.
Friend overdosed.
Another friend overdosed.
Friends mother who I loved dearly choked to death in her sleep.
Another friend's mother who I loved dearly died of liver/kidney failure.

A few of these people..I had meant to reach out to and tell them the Impact that they have had on my life, and how much I appreciated them.. But again.. Anxiety didn't let me. I even swore after the first time I wouldn't let it happen again.. But.. Ya know. Now I live with that.

Life's a bitch man. I'd give a lot to be normal. I'd be able to triple my salary at least.

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
My ex has problems with anxiety and depression, among other things. It's hard to deal with and it affects others around you. In my humble, untrained opinion, I think the two are closely related.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals