Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Soooo. Winter wheelin up here requires a lot of different driving styles from crawling tryin not to break through and on the occasion doing some drift busting with pedal to the metal. there are often times when I run at or very near the Rev limiter. Typically i never start off running rpm's that high but work my way to that.

I would like to lower my rev limiter to a happier range (4500-4700). I'm not looking forward to spending the money on a tuner as the only thing I'm even remotely concerned with is the revs.

The truck in question is a 93 Ford Explorer with a 4.0 and M5OD FWIW it is still running the computer for an automatic since the truck was having a lot of gremlins once the computer was swapped out with the manual computer since the computer was out of a 94 equipped with e.g..r. at least that's what it kept throwing codes for and occasionally made the truck feel like it was in limp mode.

A chip or a tuner or out of the question for the next few years as there are other area's that I need to spend the big bucks. I only make 2 or 3 major winter trips a year so i will just deal with it if I have to

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: CFB3B5F7F32B37 Expires: March 30, 2020

kroussinoffroad

October 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
DUH... I overlooked the obvious other than keeping my foot out of it. adjusted throttle stop DONE