• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

another electronic question....

Sharky

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I have an I phone 7, plus wear hearing aids. I did have the aids set up to answer /listen to the phone anytime but noticed the volume would go to a low setting.
I disabled the hearing aid deal but still have the same issue of low volume. I noticed this occurs during & after being in the truck. I cannot figure out
how to correct this (besides remembering to up the volume after being in the truck). it`s driving me nuts as I do not hear the phone ring after being in the truck.
I`m lost finding info/correcting this problem..... :oops:

RangerNumber3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Maybe try turning the phone off for a minute then back on to reset it. Re-syncing phone to truck might help also.

Sharky

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Maybe try turning the phone off for a minute then back on to reset it. Re-syncing phone to truck might help also.
I tried both ideas.....no go. I disconnected the phone from the truck completely & the volume did not lower so it is
the program with the truck doing it. guess I need someone with tech/program knowledge to change the set up in
either the phone or truck programs.
thanks for the suggestions.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
The problem is with the iOS not the Ford side, just FYI, been a problem for years when using Bluetooth or headphones with iPhones
Even more of a problem now since Apple did away with headphone jacks

Older thread here at apple forum: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5923986

Looks like you "might" be able to override the reduction on volume by disabling "button control" of volume
But I don't use apple stuff so can't say

But nothing on the Ford side will fix it

Sharky

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
RonD, thank you for the info. I read through the comments on the link & will try the change on the phone. (y)

Sharky

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
thank you RonD !!!!!

followed the advice in the link (very last post had the answer) & now I can hear the phone ring (y) even after being in the truck.

post from link...
The problem? Connecting to a Bluetooth device turns the ringer volume down to whatever the last Bluetooth volume setting was. For my case, this is usually pretty low since I use a Bose Soundlink Mini II at work... but I'd rather have my alarm pretty much at max volume. Once I disconnect the speaker, the ringer volume stays low and doesn't go back to where it was previously.

The solution? The problem arises due to the volume buttons on the side of the phone being used for both audio volume and ringer volume. When connecting to a Bluetooth device that can act as both a speakerphone/headset and an audio device, the system sometimes gets fooled and dumps your ringer volume with the audio volume. I have. I idea if it's Apple or Bose's fault, but separating the he functions in settings seems to fix this issue for me. I know it's possible to make it work properly, since my Jeep's Uconnect system and my generic QY7 bluetooth headphones neither have this issue. Just go to Settings>Sound and Haptics (may be slightly different if you're not on iOS 10 on iPhone 7) > under "ringers and alerts" adjust the slider to your desired level and turn OFF "change with buttons". This makes the side volune buttons only work for audio. To adjust ringer volume you must now go into the settings. My ringer volume no longer changes when connecting to my Bluetooth speaker, yay!

Last edited:

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Good work (y)

Thanks for the follow up it WILL help someone else down the road

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals