• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Another clutch issue problem

Musick17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I posted a week and a half ago or so about a clutch issue, and now I have another question.

What could cause a clutch to lose pressure after pumping it?

There seems to be some play in my clutch from where it sits at the top of its stroke to where it actually pushes back on my foot with any pressure. It moves 2-3 inches downward before it has any resistance, you could literally push it those couple inches with your pinky finger. Also, out of curiosity, I 'pumped' the clutch up and down in this area of play. From where it sits at the top down to there it gives back resistance. I pumped it up and down maybe 10 times and then when I tried to drive it immediately after that the clutch would begin to engage maybe an inch or two off of the floor. Which is completely opposite the problem I've been having lately of the clutch not engaging until way at the top.

I took it to the shop that replaced my clutch, clutch plate, slave cyl, etc. 10 months ago and they had it for all last week and all they could tell me was "they couldnt recreate the problem"... so to me that says they didnt have time to touch it all week because when I got it home I got it to do it immediately.

So basically, if anyone has any input on this issue I'd appreciate it.

Thanks all!
By the way, Cheers! :beer: I'm 21 today

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Its a hydraulic issue. Could be air in the system, or the clutch master is shot.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals