• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Another Bronco II owner signing up

vwa1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hi everybody! Not sure what to say... I live in SW Iowa, am a mechanic by trade, and I saved my Bronco II from the junkyard. The B2 was purchased new by my stepdad back in the day, but sat for at least 5 years not running with a bad fuel pump. He passed on last year, and I bought the Bronco from my mom for $400 so it wouldnt go to scrap, thinking I could slap a fuel pump in it and flip it...

That plan went straight to hell after I got it running and found out it needed way more than just a fuel pump. It needed every brake component to be safe for travel, even new steel brake lines, but man did it run good. So then I was faced with the choice of cutting my losses, (i had to install a new fuel pump AND sending unit) or fixing the brakes and having way more money in it than I could sell it for. Well, here we are a year later and it still runs good, and stops on a dime :icon_thumby:

Sometimes I wish it had ran like crap or had a rod out so I could have got out of it, but when it was the only thing that would get me to work last winter I guess it grew on me. Right now it's a spare car, but the 4" lift and 31x10.50s are on the way. UPS says they should be here Monday :headbang: What can I say, I like the little beater. Hell, even the wife likes it, and that's saying something.
Future plans (after the lift kit) include some body repair, and fixing a slow crank when hot. Probably corroded battery cables.

ab_slack

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Just say the little girl grows on you, that there is no better vehicle for the snow ever and you wonder why they don't make em like that anymore!!

Okay, that is what I would say.

Welcome!

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals