• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Android phone suggestions

Capriman86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Most important question! Do you have unlimited data?
I think Sprint is the only one offering that still right?

I don't, I have AT&T 2g a month, but I never go over.
I also connect to my wifi at home and at work too to help insure I don't use data more then I have to.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
I do. But I've never been anywhere close to 2gb. Not a big deal for me because I am almost always on wifi at home and work.

Sent from a Commodore 64 using a 300 baud modem

aspevacek

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I have an HTC Incredible 2. I got it when they first released and used to be very partial to Motorola phones until I played with the HTC. I had to replace my original Droid 2 times for various issues over the 2 years I used it. My father has the Droid X2 and has had very good luck with it. Neither of us have ever had dropped calls with our phones. I am currently up on the east coast and Verizon seems to hold the major market share up here. When I was down in Texas AT&T ran the show down there and had the best coverage around Houston. When Hurricane Rita hit AT&T towers were working with in hours of the storm coming thru but Sprint and Verizon took a day or 2 to get back up. So the coverage thing could actually be regional in the country.

We both have grand fathered unlimited data. I added an Iphone 4s to my account for my wife but because it was added after the data plan changes for Verizon We have the limited plan on hers. I hate how phone companies have changed

User Name missing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I started my current plan right before the iphone came to verizon and F***ED everything over. Scew you apple....

Anyhow, I currently have unlimited, but that of course will change. I was wanting to switch to Sprint since everything is included, but when we had the nasty wind storm this summer that knocked out power for days, every sprint tower was down while verizon still worked. I just HATE verizons policies to charge you for everything.

I dunno if I could get used to a screen based keyboard. I use mine from time to time, but I MUCH prefer a slider keyboard. Basically its faster for much and I feel much more confident that Im hitting the right keys.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
I started my current plan right before the iphone came to verizon and F***ED everything over. Scew you apple....

Anyhow, I currently have unlimited, but that of course will change. I was wanting to switch to Sprint since everything is included, but when we had the nasty wind storm this summer that knocked out power for days, every sprint tower was down while verizon still worked. I just HATE verizons policies to charge you for everything.

I dunno if I could get used to a screen based keyboard. I use mine from time to time, but I MUCH prefer a slider keyboard. Basically its faster for much and I feel much more confident that Im hitting the right keys.
Can you keep your current plan if you don't buy the phone through Verizon? It will be more for the phone, but you won't mess with contracts if you don't use their 'credit'. Been doing this on my wifes phone for years - however it's not a smart phone.

User Name missing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Can you keep your current plan if you don't buy the phone through Verizon? It will be more for the phone, but you won't mess with contracts if you don't use their 'credit'. Been doing this on my wifes phone for years - however it's not a smart phone.

I have actually thought of this, however my plague of a mother-in-law (whom is on my plan......my mistake) wants to upgrade hers to a smart phone, in which would change my plan.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
I have actually thought of this, however my plague of a mother-in-law (whom is on my plan......my mistake) wants to upgrade hers to a smart phone, in which would change my plan.
Sounds like an excuse to get her off your plan....

I know, probably not possible without a war.

User Name missing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Sounds like an excuse to get her off your plan....

I know, probably not possible without a war.
Ha, I've tried. She bitched at me one time bout how much I charged her. So I broke it down why I'm charging that much and if she can get a plan cheaper, by all means, go fo fit........but with her type of personality/attitude, I'd be the one to do all the research/shopping around. The woman won't even take the battery out of her own riding mower. Screwdriver, 2 screws, done......

AmericanPride

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have Verizon and unlimited data. I got a RAZR Maxx one week before the guillotine came down.

You can keep unlimited IF you pay full retail, eBay, Craigslist, etc...

New iPhone5 is $650 fyi

User Name missing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I'd rather stick to Android, Apple seems way overpriced and overhyped....IMO. My current 2 yr old Android can (probably) do just as much as the iPhone 5 but without the purple haze and better maps.

AmericanPride

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I'd rather stick to Android, Apple seems way overpriced and overhyped....IMO. My current 2 yr old Android can (probably) do just as much as the iPhone 5 but without the purple haze and better maps.
Very true. Apple got big by making an "idiot proof" phone. The way this world is going what better way to market a product to our ever increasing worldwide IQ?

I worked for Best Buy years back and got first hand experience with Apples business practices. I am firmly against ALL apple and products.

anatolamike

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
How can you get free apps on an android phone?

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
How on earth do you type anything on the slide out keyboard, the buttons are so tiny and the thumbs are so big?

AmericanPride

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
How on earth do you type anything on the slide out keyboard, the buttons are so tiny and the thumbs are so big?
That's why I got touch screen only. No physical board

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals