• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Android phone suggestions

User Name missing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I'm due for an upgrade and I'm wanting some opinions. I currently have a Droid 2 that I luv and would like to have a a new phone similar to it. I was looking at the Droid 4 (I prefer an actual keyboard) but what are some other ones I should look into? For verizon and it needs to have mirco SD card support (at least one of the phones out today has cloud storage instead of SD card slot).

The main reason Im aksing is that when I got the Droid 2, they had a sale to buy one, get one up to equal value. I tried talking my wife into getting the Droid 2, but instead she got a LG Ally..........HUGE mistake that I don't want to make twice.

Again "I" prefer an actual keyboard, my wife said it doesn't matter to her much, as long as the phone is far better than the one she has.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
My boss got the Galaxy S3 a couple months ago, and shortly after my buddy (who I also work with) got the Razr Maxx. I'm due for an upgrade in about 8 months (currently have a Droid X) so I've been very alert with these phones. First off, I would own either phone -both are very functional. I give the edge to the Maxx based mostly on battery life (I believe it comes with a 3300 mAh battery) because they are both very comparable and capable. I also like the Motorola screens better, I feel they are more responsive as well as more clear.

I am a big Moto fan, so it had an advantage from the get go. I'd like to think being an unbiased decision, I would have drawn the same conclusion. One thing I like about Motorola's is they have an HDMI out, which it seems no other manufacturer does.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
I asked more about the Galaxy S3 today.... he said it drops a lot of calls. Of course, part of that is area.... but the Moto's are both in use in the same area with better reception.

User Name missing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I prefer Moto as well, if for anything I like their Moto widgets. Only thing I really don't like about Moto brand products is how picky they are on chargers. ANY brand charger works on my wifes phone, but only certain ones will work on mine. Same with the S9 headphones I have. Couldn't charge it with my BB charger, however the moto charger would charge my BB.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Since day one I've used the charger that came with my old LG phone (even plugged into it right now). I don't care for the USB deal that goes into the wall. I don't need to keep track of a cord and a plug, lol.

Sent from a Commodore 64 using a 300 baud modem

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I asked more about the Galaxy S3 today.... he said it drops a lot of calls. Of course, part of that is area.... but the Moto's are both in use in the same area with better reception.
Who is his service provider?

Sent from the think n' stink.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0

Loud Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'95
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the droid 4 is a great phone other than the tft pentile screen. Its pretty dull and has some bad motion blur/ghosting issues. But as far as slide out keyboard verizion phones go its currently the best one out there.

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Got my S3 today and have been playing around with it some. So far its awesome. Had no idea all the stuff it can do.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Got my S3 today and have been playing around with it some. So far its awesome. Had no idea all the stuff it can do.
It's a good phone. I wouldn't turn one down.

Twister

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985 1987
Make / Model
Duh
Engine Size
5.0L, 2.9L
Transmission
Manual
The S3 is a fantastic phone, my brother has one and loves it to death. I have been due for an upgrade since march lol, i am waiting for the Note II to come out. I haven't heard anything bad about the new razor phone, aside from i think the batteries are non-removable, which is a big no no for me.

kcm1582

Ford Technician
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've had two Droid 4 phones die on me in the past 3 months, both from the same thing. The screens quit working in wouldn't respond to touch, Verizon warrantied the first one but wouldn't warranty the second. My insurance took care of it but they were out of Droid 4 so they switched me to a Droid RAZR. I love Motorola's droids but haven't had much luck with the 4.

Last edited:

Capriman86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I'm on week 2 of my S3, so far it has been great, I had a HTC Inspire 4G before and this phone is so much better and I liked my Inspire.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
I found one heck of an upgrade to my phone today. Firefox. It runs circles around the default browser - and it's no slouch. I only tried it because our scrap metal facility has a price page that the Google browser wouldn't scroll.

AmericanPride

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Most important question! Do you have unlimited data?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals