• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

and you call yourself a ford guy!

jaymegriffiths

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
just curious about what some of trs members think about brand loyalty. if an f150 is 15 grand more than a chevy would you still buy it?
maybe im not as hardcore as others but im not gonna pay retarded amounts just so it says ford. maybe a grand, but f150s were nearly 20 thousand more brand new than the chevs and i didn't even think about buyin one. 45 grand for a gas truck?
as if.
anyway, thats all. how much of a hardcore ford fan are you?

creepinjeepster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990 and 1991
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
90-2.9 and 91-3.0
Transmission
Automatic
Got two Fords. Have owned three others also, but as you can see in my avatar, I'm not a Ford fanatic. Always ended up working on a Ford more than anything else personally. Prefer a MOPAR product myself over any other. Now if the MOPAR was more expensive than the Chev or Ford, yeah, I'd spend the extra cash.

gertsdsbs

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 v6
Transmission
Manual
I only drive fords because I have no money! Now i would rather prefer a lincoln, bmw, mercedez benz, or lexus. But for now i'll stick with my ranger!

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
i would do it.
i got a ranger, even that s-10's were cheaper
:icon_thumby:

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic
Well how do the two trucks compare? A 5.4L 4x4 F150 with all the bells and whistles vs. a 2wd base model chevy for instance... I would purchase the ford. Otherwise, my suggestion is to shop around for more trucks.

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I have driven other makes before, and I'll drive other makes again. But I'll always have loyalty for Ford vehicles because:

1. I was born, raised, and still live in Dearborn, Michigan - the city where Henry Ford started this gig.

2. Ford has stayed loyal to Dearborn.

3. I have numerous family members who are currently employed by Ford.

4. My grandfather brought home the bacon for a wife and 7 children by working for Ford.

5. Ford is the reason why my grandmother never had to worry about money in the 20+ years she lived after my grandfather died.

6. Ford didn't need no stinkin' bailout.

7. Ford has always had the best lineup of trucks. And these days their cars are just as good.

8. I love the RBV.

Yes, I'm a Ford guy.

Blackdog455

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
140 4 banger
Transmission
Manual
Have grown up with fords my whole life. Though my first car was (and still is, i still have it) a 1974 dodge dart sport. Mopar will always have a place in my heart, and i love the brand, but i mean, come on, i LOVE my fords! not ONE chevy has ever been purchased by my family. The only chevy i can ever remember was my moms 1976 nova which she sold when she was 23. My dads whole side has been ford, and with being around him, i will never change. To answer your question, yes i would purchase the ford over the GM simply because...its a FORD!

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
I'm not hardcore - I'd put a 6-0 Chevy motor in my F150 and call it a day. I don't care and have absolutely no brand loyalty, hence why I own at least one vehicle made by each of the big three right now. Imports? Sure, had plenty of those too.

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
I pretty much stick to my Fords: my ranger, the POS taurus, and my 92 Fox 5.0 GT. I think Ford makes an excellent product, but everything has it's flaws. If it's not a domestic Ford, I enjoy wrenching on my father's E36 Bimmer, my 70's Porsche project, Toyota Supras in particular, and my family's multiple commuter Hondas.

Yea, I guess I go for quality and consistency. Now you DON'T want to see the list of vehicles that piss me off that I cannot stand to work on...

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
ive grown up with ford. my dad worked for Ford when i was born up till this summer so that is all we have had. I dont even like driving other cars. especially toyota and hondas. never driven a honda in my life and the only time i drove a toyota is when the owner was drunk and needed me to drive. i wont buy anything but ford.

Cheaplabor

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm not really sure what trucks you were looking at, but I just went on both Fords and Chevys site and did the build your own truck thing. I tried to keep options as close as I could, did this more then once and never got more then about a $3,000 price difference. I don’t see how even with dealer incentives that two comparable new trucks could have had a $20,000 price difference. I live in the real world if Chevy was giving there trucks away like that the F150 wouldnt have been America's best selling truck for 33 consecutive years!!!

Chance

RIP - 10/7/2010
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Brand loyalty is dumb.

Any gearhead worth anything will respect anything well built.

That being said, most everything stock sucks to me.

I mean, I prefer ford, but I've been tempted lately by pre-85 toys and I'd give up my ranger for a 60's blazer or another scout II (or scout) in a freakin hearbeat.

Plum Ranger XLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I would still buy a Ford even if it was more. Before I got my licence, my dad and brother both drove a Pinto and my mom had an Aerostar and at one time my dad worked at Ford for a little while, which set the tone for what brand I was going to own and still I only owned Ford vehicles up to this day.

Last edited:

tony314

Firefighter
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
I've owned both foreign and domestic. I've owned chevy and ford and also subaru and even an mitsubishi mighty max. But now? I will only buy Ford. I love my Ranger and no one in this world could EVER convince me to buy anything other than Ford. I'll be keeping my Ranger till it dies then I'll rebuild her and go again. I have no interests in imports nor will I own another. American cars are just as good and no import truck even matches American trucks.

I enjoy wrenching on my truck so it doesn't bother me a bit. I am some what of a gear head and no, I do not find imports that are all tricked out attractive or cool. Call me what you will. I could careless if an import is made here in the U.S. I still wouldn't buy it or another other brand ( American included ) if it's not Ford!

MUDDING B-3000

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 , 1992
Make / Model
Ford , Ford
Engine Size
7.3L , 4L
Transmission
Manual
i grew up being a chev guy. my dad had an 78 c-10 all done up an i loved that style truck, but since i get my mazda (prettymuch a ford) ive love that truck an my budy has the 08 f250 wicked truck. an now i got my 92 ranger that im building into a trail truck.

im thinking of selling my mazda to get a fullsize, an i presonally like all the fullsize trucks so whatever i can get the best deal on ill get.

like if i have 80gs i would get a fully loaded f250 diesel but thats ridiculious so.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals