• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Amazon warehouse is awesome

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
People in Illinois are getting ready to have a LOT more reasons to bitch. The newest democratic governor just doubled the gas tax, and also tied it to inflation, so it's going up more than double of what it was previously. It takes effect today. They also passed a $50 increase in vehicle plate fees taking effect this coming Jan 1st. Large trucks (i.e industrial) will go up $100 each. Everything, all goods, are about to get ridiculously expensive in Illinois. Farm trucks no matter the size also went up an additional $100 each. Trailers went up $100 too. Looks like I'll either sell my brand new car trailer or keep using it with outdated plates from my little 6x10 trailer. lol From $18 for my smallest trailer to $118 now. Think I'll go b#*ch at my mother tomorrow again for voting for him.

Just did some additional reading on it, and it also looks like junkyard parts will be going up dramatically. They increased the salvage title fee from $4 to $20 each. Junk title went from $0 to $10.

Electric vehicles went from a 2 year registration costing $35 to it now being good for one year only, and costing $248

The legal age to buy cigarettes here just went to 21yo, and they're applying another $1 tax to each pack again. They'll now cost around $8.50 a pack.

We're like a mini-California these days. I really want out of this s#*thole.

Last edited:

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Growing up in Arkansas, i can tell you that there is little revenue in the whole state. But has beautiful landscapes and great hunting and fishing, a public diamond mine, and lots of rivers, but little opportunity for advancement in life.
Also living in Florida for the past 30 years, total opposite. Plenty of jobs, and opportunities, 1,000s of lakes so water isnt a problem and never has been. there was a dispute a few years ago, about water, from Georgia, but was settled within the year. Almost everybody here has there own business of sort.

I just want cheap parts like Dirtman.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
From Amazon deals... to where it's best to live... to the great water debate. I'm gonna touch all three...

I'm moving back to Michigan... but this time it will be Northern Michigan... from the State of Illinois. I moved here 7 years ago... made a couple good investments... worked really hard... and now I'm ready to cash out and leave. I kinda feel like my ass is on fire trying to exit this state. Michigan has one of the worlds largest fresh water supplies. However... failing infrastructure and greed has made some of the water in parts of the southern lower undrinkable. The northern part of Michigan isn't in great economic shape but what it does offer me is a chance to become more self reliant and less dependent on corporate America... which by the way turned my stock portfolio from an all time high to junk status and lost nearly 50% of my 401k in a blink of an eye. I'm just ready to try living for a living.

Now for these great deals on Amazon... I can't find a thing I need... want... or that's a great deal. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Why don't petting zoo's every have alligators? :unsure:

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Well first and fore most I am an Ohio boy. David Allen Coe would agree with me that it's the best dame state to live in. Ohio has a little bit of everything except and ocean view but that is made up for with Lake Erie lol. Ohio has great parks, cheap gas, plenty of wild public land and yet still populated enough that you can find a lot of stores close by. I can get to just about any store, parts store, restaurant within 10-15 minutes from all the places I've lives in Ohio. The downsides to Ohio are, rust, crappy loooooong winters some years and awful humidity in the summer. Ohio is one of the few places where you have heat on in the morning and AC in the afternoon lol. If I were to move anywhere it would be slightly more south to get away from the crappy winters like to Tennessee or something HOWEVER we were in Canada and it was REALLY laid back. I could see myself as a Canadian if our government gets out of control.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Canada... please leave your handguns at the border... and thank you!

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I'm not a gun afficiando, but I think you can have hand guns up here. But they have to be registered and cannot be carried whenever/wherever you want. Lots of people don't register weapons, but they also don't advertise the fact either.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think most people are pretty happy where they are at, this doesn't really need to be a "my state is better than your state" thing.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Floored... I don't know Canada's laws on hand guns for certain. I do know that as a U.S. citizen... I could not bring my handgun there on a hunting trip.

I know Michigan has open carry... not that I've ever done it... but technically you can carry a side arm as long as it is not concealed legally.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Floored... I don't know Canada's laws on hand guns for certain. I do know that as a U.S. citizen... I could not bring my handgun there on a hunting trip.

I know Michigan has open carry... not that I've ever done it... but technically you can carry a side arm as long as it is not concealed legally.
A lot of states allow open carry although it would be kind of weird to do.

I have done it while deer hunting, I unload and stash it in truck before I go into town for lunch though (it is physically a rather large revolver)

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I have guns and I don't have any of them registered. I'm just saying Canada has a lot less drama going on than America. Seems like politics don't matter unless it is trending online. I can think of the many good things that outweigh the few minor things you can't do. For now I'll just be an Ohio boy. Make no mistake about it. I'm an Ohio boy.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Why doesn't amazon sell guns :unsure:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have guns and I don't have any of them registered. I'm just saying Canada has a lot less drama going on than America. Seems like politics don't matter unless it is trending online. I can think of the many good things that outweigh the few minor things you can't do. For now I'll just be an Ohio boy. Make no mistake about it. I'm an Ohio boy.
Pastures alway look greener from the other side of the fence. I am sure they have their fair share of drama too.

Why doesn't amazon sell guns :unsure:
I don't think they like them, especially the scary looking ones.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Wow! Did this thread drift! :icon_rofl:

Anyway, the auto parts link Jim posted, I book marked. I prefer to buy local but since all the local auto parts business have been driven out of business by the big box stores, I'll get whatever deal I can from anywhere.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Eh... I think its about average distance off topic for this place. Once a thread hits 3 pages its anyone's guess what the topic has turned into.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals