• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Amazon warehouse is awesome

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I suppose that depends on what you consider "desirable" I wouldn't hate living in Arkansas or Kentucky. I would strongly consider suicide before living in Sacramento, or even California.
But you can go camping here without choking on the humidity while giant bugs crawl in your sleeping bag.

All jokes aside, many more people find California much more desirable than Arkansas or Kentucky. Those who don't are the ones who are more concerned with political ideology because they soak in the BS on talk radio where most of the stuff they're told is intentionally misrepresented to get people all worked up about non-issues. But back to my post, it wasn't about California vs any other part of the country. It was about the cost of living. And there are some parts of the country where the cost of living is very low because they aren't desirable. Desirability for most people isn't about politics. It's about what a place has to offer, and economic opportunity is usually at the top of the list. Thus, most people would move to places like Sacramento, Portland, Seattle, Denver, Boston, Phoenix, and Austin before they would go to Allentown, Buffalo, Gulfport, or Ft Smith.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
But you can go camping here without choking on the humidity while giant bugs crawl in your sleeping bag.

All jokes aside, many more people find California much more desirable than Arkansas or Kentucky. Those who don't are the ones who are more concerned with political ideology because they soak in the BS on talk radio where most of the stuff they're told is intentionally misrepresented to get people all worked up about non-issues. But back to my post, it wasn't about California vs any other part of the country. It was about the cost of living. And there are some parts of the country where the cost of living is very low because they aren't desirable. Desirability for most people isn't about politics. It's about what a place has to offer, and economic opportunity is usually at the top of the list. Thus, most people would move to places like Sacramento, Portland, Seattle, Denver, Boston, Phoenix, and Austin before they would go to Allentown, Buffalo, Gulfport, or Ft Smith.
While there are a few political issues that are hard fact that keep me from wanting to live in California, but the cost of living, among other non-political issues that keep me away.

I'm not a big fan of drought and water shortage for one.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B3000
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Dang I read it wrong...

I thought it had a new branch called Amazon Whorehouse who needs or wants a warehouse.

Ray

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
While there are a few political issues that are hard fact that keep me from wanting to live in California, but the cost of living, among other non-political issues that keep me away.

I'm not a big fan of drought and water shortage for one.
The drought has been over for two years and was unusual in that it affected most of the West. But, on the issue of water shortages, this problem isn't limited to California. Some places are in worse shape. Florida has had to desalinate water because they've overpumped their aquifers. Aquifers in the Great Plains are also being sucked dry. Much of Texas and Oklahoma is relatively dry and they've had problem with drought in the not so distant past.

The high cost of living isn't limited to California, and isn't limited to all of California. Portland, Reno and Seattle are expensive too. Again, this goes back to opportunities. If a place has good jobs available people are going to move there. Cities as a whole are a lot more expensive than rural areas because the jobs have moved to cities. The end result is people, especially young ones, move to the cities for the opportunities.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I like cheap car parts.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I already bought them all

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
They got them for 72 each... thats about the cheapest I've ever seen them. They had ONE rear the other day for like 25 bucks, but its gone.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I suppose that depends on what you consider "desirable" I wouldn't hate living in Arkansas or Kentucky. I would strongly consider suicide before living in Sacramento, or even California.
Have you been to Arkansas?

I was just in California. I couldn't wait to leave. I don't know what was worse, paying $4.00+ for a gallon of gas, or being in Oregon where they don't think you're competent enough to pump your own gas.

I feel like people from California are moving to Texas.

As far as water goes, it actually surprises me how much water is here in Texas. There's quite a few lakes here as well.

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Any state without vehicle/emissions inspections sounds like a fine place to live. In my state (michigan) i can drive a 351 smoking like an IDI 6.9, bald tires,, and rotted frame and they wont say shit as long as the lights somewhat work and its tagged/insured.

I would jump off the golden gate if i lived in cali.

As much as i bitch about michigan, its not bad here.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals