• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Am I insane or is this an ok price for my ranger?

blue83ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
About the last week in December I bought a different truck. ('04 4x4 Sport trac) So I put the ranger I was driving on craigslist, of course after I took everything off it I wanted to use on my other rangers and there was a lot of it, and apparently a few people I know, amongst themselves, have been having a big laugh at the price I put on my truck. So, i'm just curious if you guys think the price I put on it is as ridiculous as other seem to think, keeping in mind it's some of the same people that have told me to sell/scrap all my rangers then buy a fullsize truck. and they say the same thing with my mustangs. I'm curious what people who actually like rangers think. I have had roughly 10 people interested, one really seemed like he was going to buy it with the C4. But I guess it is craigslist and I've had many many no shows for other stuff I've sold. Thanks for any feedback, hopefully not to rough though. Here's the link for my ad.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/3890474119.html

Gilbee01

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well for Colorado it's not a bad price just slightly high but is the engine is sound and the 4x4 world then it would be a decent deal. Parting it out might be easier for you to sell.

-gil-

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My thoughts....

first of all, it is a nice looking ranger. But I would not pay 1100 for a car/truck that I can't drive away with. However if you yank the c4 and put the original A4LD in and it runs and drives, I think even 1500 is not too bad of a price for that era of a truck if it runs good and drives good. keep the c4 in it and I can see it being worth more, maybe up to 2000 bucks.

So if you do want the c4 for another project, yank it and put the A4LD back in and get it running, put it up for 1700 bucks and take the first 1300 or so that is offered for it.

That is how I would handle it. And as a buyer, If you are offering to toss the original A4LD for me to put in, and telling me it works fine but some electrical issues, how do I know that there is no deeper issues than that? That there is the reason no one is biting, they are looking at it as 1100 for a parts truck.

Again, pull the c4 out of the equation and get it going with the A4LD. I think you will have better luck with it if the prospective new owner can drive it as it would be sold to him.

AJ

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
Oh and as for if you are insane, I am not qualified to make that judgement :p

AJ

blue83ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the feedback and that does make complete sense. I'll probably have to go that route unless I can find another c5/c4.

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, I agree with whats been said.

Having the c4 in there makes this transaction too complicated for someone looking for a $1100 truck, and I agree I wouldn't pay that much for a truck I couldn't drive away.

Also, doesn't this mean you need a new front drive shaft?

Thats a clean looking truck, with a lift already installed I would think you should be able to get a fair price for it, $1500 or more perhaps, depending on mileage.

Oh, you really should get the A/C fixed or stop filling it... Dumping refrigerant into the atmosphere is not good.

Finally, shorten your add up, and put some spacing between paragraphs and stuff. Not enough info is a terrible thing, but if your add is a nasty looking mess I dont expect any of the work you did on the truck to look any better.

blue83ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Also a good point. and the front driveshaft will either need to be lengthened or replaced for the A4LD to work.

tmcalavy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
That's not an insane price IMO, but dude, shorten the ad description. When I'm looking for a ride and checking ads I want to know year, model, runs and drives?, overall condition and price. Anything more than that confuses folks...most of whom read at the 8th grade level anyway. Get a potential buyer there to look, then go into truck and transaction details. Good luck, I think you'll get what you're asking.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals