• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Am I getting the right wiring harness?

Woogie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have a 1995 B2300 with a cassette deck and a manual trans. What idiot at Ford thought right behind the gear shift knob was the perfect spot to stick the cigarette lighter? Every time I shift in or out of first I run the risk of busting my knuckles on the power adapter for my phone or catching the cord and pulling it out. :annoyed:

I'll be pulling the instrument panel to replace some of the backlight bulbs, so I've decided to swap out the factory head unit with an aftermarket deck that has a USB port. I can charge my phone off the port when it needs it, and use Bluetooth when it doesn't. The stock head unit has an auto set button, and I'm told that means it has the factory amp. I don't care about the amp one way or the other.

This is the deck I'll be using:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers/FH-X700BT

Is this the correct connector?

http://www.scosche.com/car-audio/installation/88-97-fd-ma-prem-connect

Just want to make sure I'm ordering the right part! It sucks when you get everything dismantled and find out you don't have what you need.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
So you are mad at Ford for not making accommodations for devices that would not be common place for another 5 to 10 years after your truck was built? Does that sound correct?

Also, I have not issues busting my knuckles or pulling my cords out on either of mine, so maybe the problem is your driving style.

The harness you need will either be the one you posted or this one:
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_into-car-wire-harness-metra_6050222-p?searchTerm=radio+wiring+harness

It depends on your system. The one you posted was more common on the Crown Vic cars. The only way to know for sure is to take the radio out and see which plugs it has.

Also, I would call Pioneer and ask if that unit support USB phone charging. Most car radios will not support the amperage needed for charging a battery and will only act as a maintainer to keep it from dying.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals