• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Alternator wiring

dieselarruda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9L6V
Transmission
Manual
I been try to fix the truck and I bought a ignition coil and and alternator for it and tried to do an OBD1 it's*On Board Diagnostic; The engine management computer can give up data concerning engine trouble. And it does not work so I was wondering if it's the computer? Thank you

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
I been try to fix the truck and I bought a ignition coil and and alternator for it and tried to do an OBD1 it's*On Board Diagnostic; The engine management computer can give up data concerning engine trouble. And it does not work so I was wondering if it's the computer? Thank you
If you ran an alternator without a voltage regulator, you may have post-toastied some electronics.

Sent from a Commodore 64 using a 300 baud modem

dieselarruda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9L6V
Transmission
Manual
I am almost sure the alternator in you video is a externally regulated alternator the stock alternator for your truck should look somthing like this.http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-INDUSTRIES-7088-10-Alternator-Generator-/200839393253?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec2f5efe5&vxp=mtr You see the regulator mounted on the back with a 4 terminal wire connector. Yours has the bat-stat-fld and gnd the diodes are internal but it still needs a regulator to control the flow of electricity. There is a 1 wire 7078 that would make your life alot easier actually thinking of putting one on my 83 ranger when mine craps out. If it will fit?
thats the alternator i need but i have a different one than this one
http://www.showmetheparts.com/BIN/documents/USA/7078.mov

dieselarruda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9L6V
Transmission
Manual
finally got a guy to fix my truck. he said the starter was bad so bought a new one and my wiring was bad so put my engine on 0" top dead center and wired the distributor, set the timing and now it starts up strong but now when i turn the key on run it rev's and when i turn the key to the on position it dies? so what do u think?

TNT6751

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
if you look at the voltage regulator it has letters that match the back of the alternator. just pick a wire and track it down. s for s, f for f, ext. thats how i did it

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals