• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Alternative for the trans dapt oil relocation kit 1113.

svtcards

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3'' front 4''back
Tire Size
245 35 18
does anyone have an alternative instead of using the trans dapt for the oil filter relocation kit for the v8 swap rangers.i've been reading alot of reviews on the trans dapt one that jegs sells item #1113 in there conversion kit and alot of them aren't to good.alot of people were complaining about how cheap the hoses r,as well as the the fittings leaking and even bursting apart.or not even fitting at all.i found other brands but not sure which ones are a better kit to use and which ones can clear the steering box without hitting. any thoughts?

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
Check Derale Performance Products. They make a line of very high quality fluid coolers and also filter relocation kits. Not cheap, but top quality. I have one of their high capacity tranny fluid coolers on my motorhome.
Their quality is super.
Grumpaw

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
A lot of the aftermarket oil filter relocation kits all use the exact same cast aluminum oil filter adapter that screws to the block, regardless of brand name. The hoses will fail on you. A member recently had this happen and now his engine has no oil pressure. Spending more money now will save you a boatload in the future.

Moroso had one for the 302, as well as Canton, but personally I think the L&L unit is the slickest one out there. The Canton/Moroso is the same unit these days I believe, and they stick up off the block twice as high as the Transdapt unit. With the Transdapt unit, you're also stuck with wherever they tighten down at, as they're not clockable. Wherever they tighten down and the hoses point, you're stuck with it. The L&L unit is clockable to whatever direction you like, and so is the Canton/Moroso unit. They're also much nicer being billet aluminum.

I tried the Canton/Moroso unit and it hit my steering gearbox. I may still convert over the the L&L and give it a shot, as it looks pretty compact compared the the Canton/Moroso unit.

That being said, I'm using the Transdapt unit on my truck but I converted it over to use -6AN fittings and stainless braided hose. Again, cheap insurance.

It will depend on engine placement though.. Which mounts you use, etc..

svtcards

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3'' front 4''back
Tire Size
245 35 18
i hate to buy 1 of the other brands until i here someone actually use it with success.i never used 6AN fittings b4.r they hard to work with?and will l&l clear geabox as well.i know trans dapt does but alot of issues with it.what did it cost to use the 6AN fittings and braided hose?u replaced all the brass fittings with the 6An fittings?have pic on what i looks like?
Check Derale Performance Products. They make a line of very high quality fluid coolers and also filter relocation kits. Not cheap, but top quality. I have one of their high capacity tranny fluid coolers on my motorhome.
Their quality is super.
Grumpaw
i did c the derale ones also.they do like good

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
Do not be afraid of using AN fittings. They are probably the best fluid fittings you can use.
AN stands for Army/Navy, and they were developed at the outbreak of WWll so both the services could use common fittings. They were used almost exclusively on aircraft, and vehicles with high pressure fluid needs, and still used today.
If they were good enough to trust with aircraft fluids at 30,000 feet, they will certainly handle anything automotive.
I have one of their large tranny coolers with AN fittings on our Ford based motor home with the V-10. Installed it in 2012 and has not leaked one drop of fluid in 8 years.
Grumpaw

Last edited:

svtcards

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3'' front 4''back
Tire Size
245 35 18
Do not be afraid of using AN fittings. They are probably the best fluid fittings you can use.
AN stands for Army?Navy, and they were developed at the outbreak of WWll so both the services could use common fittings. They were used almost exclusively on aircraft, and vehicles with high pressure fluid needs, and still used today.
If they were good enough to trust with aircraft fluids at 30,000 feet, they will certainly handle anything automotive.
I have one of their large tranny coolers with AN fittings on our Ford based motor home with the V-10. Installed it in 2012 and has not leaked one drop of fluid in 8 years.
Grumpaw
thank u for the explaination!i was wondering what AN meant.sounds like i ll probably get the trans dapt relocator and replace the inferior hardware since i know thats the oil relocator of chose and i know it ll clear everything.unless someone used another brand with success then id go that route.thank u again

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
FYI; JIC fittings fit the same as AN and are a LOT cheaper. Not quite as close tolerance as AN but does just fine.

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8

svtcards

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3'' front 4''back
Tire Size
245 35 18
and thats with the trans dapt kit 1113?do u need special tool to force barbed end into fitting?

svtcards

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3'' front 4''back
Tire Size
245 35 18
into hose i meant

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
AN fittings aren't barbed and AN hose isn't typically used with barbed fittings. You'd need NPT thread AN fittings that screw in to the oil filter adapter housing, and then the hose and AN fittings that thread on to that. Look on Youtube how to build AN hoses and it will give you a better idea how it all works.

All of these things can be solved with plenty of research using Google. That's how I built every inch of my truck. TONS of reading on every single part I was considering.

svtcards

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3'' front 4''back
Tire Size
245 35 18
thats what i meant.didn't mean barb

Daniel Black

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
205/60R15 & 225/60R15
Did you figure out your relocation kit situation? I have the 1113 kit and it's started leaking after only 300 miles. I was thinking of getting some 1/2-npt to 1/2 nipple fittings and just using hose clamps instead of these push lock fittings. AN stuff and braided line would be nice but hose clamps work for everything else on an engine.

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Go AN hose and fittings. It's worth the money. It's the lifeblood of your engine, so it's worth the investment! If you shop around $80 will do the entire system easily. Possibly cheaper. But DO NOT USE Amazon chinese braided hose. You'll be glad if you buy all Russel brand fittings and hose.. Trust me.

svtcards

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3'' front 4''back
Tire Size
245 35 18
Did you figure out your relocation kit situation? I have the 1113 kit and it's started leaking after only 300 miles. I was thinking of getting some 1/2-npt to 1/2 nipple fittings and just using hose clamps instead of these push lock fittings. AN stuff and braided line would be nice but hose clamps work for everything else on an engine.
i bought the 1113 kit and plan on replacing all nipples and hoses.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals