• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ALT Fuel

1983dieselranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Anyone heard how to run your vehicle on part hydrogen to get better fuel mileage? Someone i know done a 3500 chevy dually with a work bed loaded with tools and such and got 5 miles to the gallon extra fuel mileage!! Anyone know how to do that? or heard of it?

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
There are a couple of guys on here that I know that have at least tried it. It's not too complicated if you know what you're doing. I'd try Google on this one and get as much info as you can.

You're also gonna get some conflicting opinions on this.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
You will defentally get mixed results about whether it works or not.
But, from I have seen, it seems like the people that say it won't work, haven't tried, but the people that have tried it, say it does work. (That is not just here on TRS but alot of other sites as well.

I will be trying it once school gets out at the end of this week. I got a '84 2.8L Ranger (last week) that me and one of my friends are going to try this on.

If I were you, I'd do a google search, and even a Youtube search for things like HHO, HHO injection, Hydrogen booster, run your car on water, things like that, and you will find all the info you could want with enough searching.

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yes, there are proponents that say it works, but no one has posted convincing results with any kind of detail. Kinda curious, no?

And then there are folks who analyze the claims and find them utterly impossible. I don't have to try every wacky claim out there to prove impossibility. I trust entirely that Douglas Adams concept of flight (throw yourself at the ground and miss) won't work, and I'm not about to throw myself off a cliff to prove it.

95/2.3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Manual
I've been looking around for awhile. Found a site called hydrogengarage.com. Has kits,parts and links with alot of info.

Turbo-T

Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3Turbo
Transmission
Manual
I've tinkered with cars for 45 years. I've seen a lot of "performance improving" gizmo's come and go. If this really works Allan Alda and a lot of other "save the earth" types would be all over it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals