• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

AllanD are you out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon_herr

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Anyone heard much from AllanD?

I'm waiting on a rebuilt transmission from him... and he's not responding to PMs?

If anyone can contact him, give him a ping please, I need the tranny and he's been paid already.

Jon

racinranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I remember reading he had computer problems and some medical issues going on. I would think the LAST person on here to stiff anyone is AllanD. he's helped just about everyone here in 1 way or another. give him time, i think somone on here will have his cell number or something and could get intouch with him. Maybe one of the other mods?

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I remember reading he had computer problems and some medical issues going on. I would think the LAST person on here to stiff anyone is AllanD. he's helped just about everyone here in 1 way or another. give him time, i think somone on here will have his cell number or something and could get intouch with him. Maybe one of the other mods?
x2, give it a few days, if u dont hear anything i can give him a call for ya

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Last post

I'm waiting on a rebuilt transmission from him... and he's not responding to PMs?

If anyone can contact him, give him a ping please, I need the tranny and he's been paid already.

Jon
It appears that " AllanD " has not posted on the ranger station for a full ( 28 days )

Here is a search of all of his post's with the last one occurring on 12-20-2008, 02:11 AM

Hope this helps you in some way!!

http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/search.php?searchid=375765&photoplog_searchinfo=1

rboyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.hoe
Transmission
Manual
I talked to him not too long ago and I think he screwed something up again on his computer. I know for a fact that he won't stiff you. I would give you his phone number but i'd rather not without his permission. I was planning on giving him a call soon anyway so I can mention something to him. He's not the type of person who would rip someone off so i'm sure he has a legitimate excuse for not getting it to you.

UrbanRedneckKid

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I talked to him not too long ago and I think he screwed something up again on his computer. I know for a fact that he won't stiff you. I would give you his phone number but i'd rather not without his permission. I was planning on giving him a call soon anyway so I can mention something to him. He's not the type of person who would rip someone off so i'm sure he has a legitimate excuse for not getting it to you.
X2 on that, I was gunna call him this weekend about some things. I know he's had some computer issues in the past, hope that's all this is. He would be one of the last people to stiff you, just give it a little.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I am just saying

Jon
DON'T take this the WRONG way but if you don't mind I must point out the obvious and ask WHY.

First off apparently this AllanD appears to be a stand up guy from what other posters are saying about him and you would think there would be a logical reason for him not contacting you.

But I must point out some rather strange things thru your own words AND others, first off you CLEARLY state that you PAYED him already but have yet to hear from him thru pm's, is there a reason why you are relying on a computer to contact him? I am assuming you don't have his phone number, YET others do, why would you not have somebodies phone number that you PAYED money to up-front? ( seems strange ) and you made reference to a tranny so I am once again assuming you might of spent more then 30 or 40 bucks.

Why are others chiming in and saying they CLEARLY have his phone number YET don't make a curtious call for you to him??

I can understand him not posting for a month now due to ( suggested computer problems ) on his part by others BUT what is keeping him from picking up a PHONE????????????? and taking 30 seconds to let you know his situation be it computer or health or other??

I mean really, unless he is like totally incapable of simply picking up a phone to call you and explain the DELAY in getting the tranny to you, why would he do this?

I think you have a VALID concern and are doing the right thing by giving him the BENEFIT of the doubt BUT don't you too have to move on with your life at some point and you surely are due a explanation on whats going on.

How long has it been since you heard from him? do you care to share exactly what it is you to had worked out and when it would be finished etc etc etc.

Once again I am just stating some facts and certainly not bashing any body.

Good Luck, with your strange situation:icon_cheers:

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
It's been my third hand understanding that he's both been sick and had some significant computer issues.

steves32

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'd like to get with him to about a trans. I need a 4R44E for a 2000 4x4. An ideas? Thanks.

jon_herr

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Allan and I PM'd back and forth for a long time prior to my transmission deal with him... in fact I'd been in touch with him for over two years - me being on again / off again about buying a transmission...

During that course of time I built up an idea that he'd done several transmissions and other things for people on the board and that he's a stand up guy. I'm sure he is...

I know he's had computer and other problems - and that Allan has my contact information in a PM on this board (I don't have his, my mistake) - so if he needs to call me he can...

Problem is, he hasn't checked in to the board...

So I am concerned, and I'm trying to be respectful to Allan, I PM'd him several times prior to posting again publicly to ask for help.

Last I heard from him the transmission was ready to ship, just needed to be crated and taken to Fed Ex. That was about a month ago.

Jon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Allan and I PM'd back and forth for a long time prior to my transmission deal with him... in fact I'd been in touch with him for over two years - me being on again / off again about buying a transmission...

During that course of time I built up an idea that he'd done several transmissions and other things for people on the board and that he's a stand up guy. I'm sure he is...

I know he's had computer and other problems - and that Allan has my contact information in a PM on this board (I don't have his, my mistake) - so if he needs to call me he can...

Problem is, he hasn't checked in to the board...

So I am concerned, and I'm trying to be respectful to Allan, I PM'd him several times prior to posting again publicly to ask for help.

Last I heard from him the transmission was ready to ship, just needed to be crated and taken to Fed Ex. That was about a month ago.

Jon
I think since you have not heard anything for a whole month you REALLY need to get one of these other people that say they have his PHONE NUMBER to give him a call for you, that is an insane amount of time to wait especially after you said it was done and ready to ship.

Unless this guy is on his death bed and or totally incapacitated ( lets hope he is not ) you deserve to know WHATS UP!! ASAP!!

Why the people with his phone number who are probably following this thread have not made a 1 minute phone call as a favor to you is BEYOND ME. Strange indeed.

Good luck!!

dru

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
may i ask how you paid him?

rboyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.hoe
Transmission
Manual
Yeah sorry I didn't call him sooner but i've been spending all of my free time working on a house that I just bought, every month it's not liveable is a month I pay bills to live in two different places and it's driving me crazy! I talked to Allan today. As I suspected he has been having computer problems and he's waiting on parts to get back up and running. He currently has a working laptop with no power supply and a desktop machine that's broken. He said that he should have something running soon and will contact you.

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Maybe a crazy idea....but is it possible fed ex screwed up and delivered it to the wrong place...and they decided to keep it or sell it?

later,
Dustin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah sorry I didn't call him sooner but i've been spending all of my free time working on a house that I just bought, every month it's not liveable is a month I pay bills to live in two different places and it's driving me crazy! I talked to Allan today. As I suspected he has been having computer problems and he's waiting on parts to get back up and running. He currently has a working laptop with no power supply and a desktop machine that's broken. He said that he should have something running soon and will contact you.
Forgive me for stating the obvious but just how on GOD'S green earth is this helping the original poster????????????????????????????????

Surely you would of had the common sense to ask AllanD to CALL on the PHONE the original poster so they can work out their situation??

Telling us he has computer problems makes NO sense!!!

this is getting STRANGER by the minute:icon_confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals