• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

alignment bushings

just truckn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6inch suspension 3inch body
Tire Size
33 12.50 15
hi guys I have a question for u I have a 90 ranger that I just redid the whole truck I switched out the dana28 for a 35 I rebuilt everything now my issue is that my bushings keep moving I had the truck aligned twice in the last month cause they keep turning the bolts r tight the shop has no idea why they keep moving but they keep throwing my camber off they put marks on them the 2nd time they did the alignment but they moved again they seem to think I put too much anti seize on them I don't know has anybody else had a problem with the bushings moving the only thing I can do next is to get it aligned again and then have the shop weld the bushings in but I would rather not until I figure out why they r moving I don't now if the ball joints could have anything to do with it but they r new so any help is appreciated

just truckn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
33 12.50 15
Andy b no I have the moog bushings the ones that give u up 4 degrees of adjustment

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
I would mark them then clean off the antiseize, I have the fully adjustable bushings and even tried using loctite and they still turned on me... one time they were moving really bad and it turned out the pinch bolt threads had a bunch of rust at the end so weren't tightening...

just truckn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
33 12.50 15
Scotts90 thanks for the info but they are marked but when i rebuilt everything I really lubed them up with the antiseize this is why the shop is saying they keep moving so I will pull them out clean them up and get it aligned again but to be on the safe side I will probably have them tack weld them so they won't move again I never had this problem with the Dana 28 I liked the way they locked in but anyways thanks for the info

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals