• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

AJE Ranger K-Member Who's Done It!?

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
Finally got the truck on a scale. 3280lbs no driver full tank of fuel. 15gal.

Major Specs:
5.3 iron block
TKX 5spd
single turbo
Explorer 8.8
18x10.5 wheels
295 tires all around
15 gal fuel cell
Flare side bed

n2xlr8n

V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
LS
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
28x10.5
@Yotaismygame, @n2xlr8n can I see some pics of your powersteering/brake booster setups? Trying to plan out what’s next and I’m scratching my head with this mustang rack attempting to figure out how to get power steering
Regular old manual rack here, sorry.

On another note- more progress:
CO2 routed, turbo braced, WG installed. Now for the exhaust.
PXL_20220604_204649764.jpg

A welder I am not, but it's going to work fine. It's about halfway completed- I'll turn it down behind the pass wheel, along the floorpan,
then turn it back up into the bottom of the bed with a 6" muffler.
PXL_20220605_005747280.jpg

Hopefully I'll be tuning in a couple of weeks.

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
@n2xlr8n how fast are you trying to go with this thing?

svtcards

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3'' front 4''back
Tire Size
245 35 18
I feel like u could of put an engine in that truck with a lot less modifications?seems like a lot of work.Looks great though!Took me almost 2 yrs to get my truck situated but I wasn't working on it all the time either.Probably why it took so long.

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
I feel like u could of put an engine in that truck with a lot less modifications?seems like a lot of work.Looks great though!Took me almost 2 yrs to get my truck situated but I wasn't working on it all the time either.Probably why it took so long.
Who are you referring too?

n2xlr8n

V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
LS
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
28x10.5
Maybe, but then I'm not a sloppy mechanic kind of guy. Sure, I could have put a bone-stock 5.3 in it, or a Windsor, but did you see the part about the flimsy frame? 2620 pounds with anything over 400 horsepower (that actually hooks) needs safety equipment. I've built cars that have been sketchy, but I never kept them, nor did I make passes with them- certainly not with my wife in them.

n2xlr8n

V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
LS
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
28x10.5
@Yotaismygame

Honestly, it started as a low to mid 6 second daily.

Somewhere along the way (probably when I scaled it and decided to use E85), I realized it would do that on low boost.

Dragy will tell, but based on my previous cars, it should easily go mid 5s. The aforementioned friend with the LS cylinder head business owns the local chassis dyno; he expects in the neighborhood of 670-700 atw (17-18 psi).

Either way, it'll be fun once I get the shocks tuned- a little scary until then, lol.

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
@Yotaismygame

Honestly, it started as a low to mid 6 second daily.

Somewhere along the way (probably when I scaled it and decided to use E85), I realized it would do that on low boost.

Dragy will tell, but based on my previous cars, it should easily go mid 5s. The aforementioned friend with the LS cylinder head business owns the local chassis dyno; he expects in the neighborhood of 670-700 atw (17-18 psi).

Either way, it'll be fun once I get the shocks tuned- a little scary until then, lol.
My buddy running a 363 stroker same turbo as you on 92oct plus meth is making around 750whp on 17lbs. Still has more in it too but ran out of spring on the dyno. Dont have an exact on the HP since hes running a TH400. But his 60-130 time on the track suggest mid 700s

svtcards

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3'' front 4''back
Tire Size
245 35 18

n2xlr8n

V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
LS
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
28x10.5
4 mid second daily*
I don’t think that a caterpillar for such a machine is a good idea .. and in principle for any machine :D
Certainly not a mid-4 second daily. There is a world of difference between those cars and what I've built.

Caterpillar? What are you referring to? The turbo? It's adjustable.

My buddy running a 363 stroker same turbo as you on 92oct plus meth is making around 750whp on 17lbs. Still has more in it too but ran out of spring on the dyno. Dont have an exact on the HP since hes running a TH400. But his 60-130 time on the track suggest mid 700s
That'll be a stretch for this engine- I kept it stock bottom end so I wouldn't be tempted to go with a nasty solid roller and r.p.m. the heck out of it. While the 4L60e eats less hp than a 80, the 9 inch eats probably 75-80hp.
Boostwise, I'll throw 20 psi max at it and keep it under 6800. The TBSS intake and wimpy cam are probably done there, anyway.

The beauty of CO2 boost control is I'll have a 3psi WG spring in for the "default" setting, and let my CO2 pressure dictate what boost I run.

Last edited:

n2xlr8n

V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
LS
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
28x10.5
@Yotaismygame

Have you been driving it much?

I haven't done much lately- busy at work and the heat has been brutal. I considered buying one of those portable awnings to work under, lol.

I finished building the exhaust and bled the brakes- still waiting on Viking to ship my shocks, but there's plenty of wiring left to do before I fire it and start tuning.

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
@Yotaismygame

Have you been driving it much?

I haven't done much lately- busy at work and the heat has been brutal. I considered buying one of those portable awnings to work under, lol.

I finished building the exhaust and bled the brakes- still waiting on Viking to ship my shocks, but there's plenty of wiring left to do before I fire it and start tuning.
Sort of. Here in Oregon summer has finally arrived. It’s been a very wet and cold spring. I spent the last two weeks converting my electric PS to conventional. Took her for a spin yesterday and now I’m headed out for vacation. I have 500 miles on it so far. Turns a lot of heads when I’m out. I think it confuses people lol. Still plenty to do just nothing major

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
Any progress guys? I'm just about done for this summer. Lots to do this winter though. Any of you install a race column? My concern is wiring up turn signals, emergency flashers, and windshield wipers. Although I don't really need windshield wipers...

Ghst

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I'm saving up for the AJE kit. I plan to K swap my ranger and make it a whole dedicated track truck. Currently have an 8.8 sitting in the garage and 02' Sport trac front calipers that need to be rebuilt then ill throw them on for bigger brakes all around. Truck's currently my daily until I get my 92' Sentra up and running again.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals