• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

AJE Ranger K-Member Who's Done It!?

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
What's it geared at and what are you gonna re-gear to? Turbo stuff appreciates a little steeper gear than something n/a, the extra load helps build boost quicker.

clippii

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Hey you guys recommended fox body parts (rack/spindles correct?
I have a set of SN95 spindles (the 95-96 style) that I did not use as I decided to go with the racecraft drop spindles. DM me if you're interested in taking em. Love the progress so far!

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
I did some measuring for what sway bars will fit the front. It appeared the stock one would work with different links. Talked with AJE and that is correct. They set it up to work with a ranger sway bar. Any mustang sway bar is too wide. Ill try running the stock one for now. It's only 23mm so pretty small.

clippii

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I did some measuring for what sway bars will fit the front. It appeared the stock one would work with different links. Talked with AJE and that is correct. They set it up to work with a ranger sway bar. Any mustang sway bar is too wide. Ill try running the stock one for now. It's only 23mm so pretty small.
What kind of ends do you think it will be? I know for my 93' Beltech offers a 1 1/4" (31mm) front bar for only $260. Also love the interior!

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
I bought some off Amazon I’ll post pics when i get them. But I’ve seen a beltech that comes with normal bolt and bushing style links. I’ll run the stock one for a bit before upgrading. I have more important parts to buy still.

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
Even the stock sway bar makes for a flatter ride through the turns. Truck have never handled so well. I had to shorten the links I bought quit a bit. They actually fit better before I cut them but the sway bar was pointed up a lot. Shorter front mounts would have helped. Like I said though this will just be temporary. Pics really tell the story.
9335CB1A-F0A3-49DF-ACDD-9BA810111D1D.jpeg984B983F-9A14-44D4-BC15-09F3EB493AA5.jpegFD53E6A9-DF42-449B-BFFC-FC8258948B80.jpegFE253FF1-278E-4460-BC3E-FC1C36C364F9.jpeg
Eventually I’d like to get this or the 1.15 version
CB85F4D6-81F6-45D4-9EE8-5BFBFC19C739.png

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
The day has finally come! I was able to mock up the suspension. Really gave me a lot of motivation to keep going. Will continue to post more pics as I try and make this pig pretty for once in its life!
Everything line up okay?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Everything line up okay?
So so, had an issue with my drivers side frame rail being slightly out of line. Ranger strapped around the frame to pull it together and the k member slid up nice and easy. Had to shave the edge of the pass side a arm ball joint because the metal ring stuck out of the bushing to far to slide inbetween the mounts. And one bolt hole had to be re drilled because it was slightly off but not bad at all tbh, I was really worried for a while with that frame being out of line but I think it’s just from taking the old suspension off and not having anything to hold it straight. Seems good now gonna bolt up my spindles and rack tomorrow or so. Maybe lower it on to the wheels and see what hits where. Thanks for all your guys help! Your pictures saved me hours of scratching my head haha

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
So so, had an issue with my drivers side frame rail being slightly out of line. Ranger strapped around the frame to pull it together and the k member slid up nice and easy. Had to shave the edge of the pass side a arm ball joint because the metal ring stuck out of the bushing to far to slide inbetween the mounts. And one bolt hole had to be re drilled because it was slightly off but not bad at all tbh, I was really worried for a while with that frame being out of line but I think it’s just from taking the old suspension off and not having anything to hold it straight. Seems good now gonna bolt up my spindles and rack tomorrow or so. Maybe lower it on to the wheels and see what hits where. Thanks for all your guys help! Your pictures saved me hours of scratching my head haha
Doesn’t sound too bad at all.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Doesn’t sound too bad at all.
No not to bad honestly. Did you guys put locktite on your bolts when you did the final instal? Also was thinking about getting some more washers and running them on both sides of the frame instead of just the one like AJE provided

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
No not to bad honestly. Did you guys put Loctite on your bolts when you did the final install.? Also was thinking about getting some more washers and running them on both sides of the frame instead of just the one like AJE provided
My kit came with nylon locking nuts. Did have to buy a crap ton of washers so I could run them both sides.

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
I wonder if this link would have bolted right up
547419F0-E0BE-47A0-92B7-3A6306902D32.jpeg

n2xlr8n

V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
LS
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
28x10.5
Great progress on you guys' rides since I last visited.
I've been slowly getting mine closer (waiting on the converter / driveshaft / shocks-struts made the project behind schedule).

Here's where I'm at currently:
PXL_20220521_231856455.jpg

I still have to remove the goofy Ford frame brace in front of the engine (replacing with 1-5/8" DOM tubing, as the AJE strut brace doesn't come close to fitting).

Final ride height set:
image.jpg

To dispel the myth that these trucks are out of balance and heavy (with me, 12 point cage and full 20 gal cell in it- I'm 196):
PXL_20220510_231304565 (1).jpg

I'm probably going to be forced to play with the front struts a lot to prevent craziness- I've honestly never had a hotrod with 50/50 weight distribution. Good problem to have, I guess :)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals