• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

AirPort Express questions

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
so i had my old roommate move out at the beginning of the month, he left his wifi modem here, which i've been using, he also had all of his services cut off at the same time, for some reason, even though i lost all of the features on the digital cable, the internet never got effected... now the internet doesn't work, and i'm sitting in my basement with nothing to do...

the new roommates moved in, and gave me the password to their wifi when they first moved in, but because i had the other wifi modem still working i never used it... my new roommates and i never see eachother, literally, we work opposite schedules, and they are rarely home anyways, so it's virtually impossible for me to just ask them for it again... is there any way that you guys know, that i can obtain the password through the thing? i have access to it, i was told a soft reset might work, but i don't really know how to access the system menu after that, and from what i can tell on the internet, it looks like it won't display the current password, only allow me to enter a new one, or it will revert to the current settings after 5 minutes...

all of the other routers and modems i've used have been simple, go plug a network cable into the router and into your laptop, go to 192.168.1.254 or such, enter "admin/password" and go look up your current password... this thing though doesn't even have a port to plug my laptop into... there's one network plug for the modem, 1 usb for a printer, and 1 3.5mm headphone jack for music... that's it!

i have debated downloading software to sniff out the password but that seems very complicated...

Mac Guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Just leave them a note about their Password and that you forgot it. This will be much easier for all involved.

Dave

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Just leave them a note about their Password and that you forgot it. This will be much easier for all involved.

Dave
My thoughts exactly...

But the most commonly used passwords are pet names, girlfriends names, nicknames...and a combination of names and favourite numbers...so if you have any of that information you can hack away at the router till it shuts you down...

And if they are even marginally computer savy then all of the above goes out the window...

cody93

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
to hard to crack wifi keys,
1, most wifi crackers only work with certain models of wireless adapters
2, most only work if theres traffic on the target router, ie someone useing it
3, takes forever
4, theres brutefource password entry on some crackers, but not recommended

i suggest leaving a note asking if you can have there wifi key and use there wifi when there not at home, trust me, it would be the best choice.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i downloaded a packet sniffer on my phone which gave me a hex key, it seemed to kind of accept it... but it wouldn't connect fully...

2 of the 3 guys that moved in are programmers of some sort... i believe one does IT for a company, as his primary job, so i'm thinking it's probably some 64 character lots of spaces, cap, lower case and number spiel... lol

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Haha...or it could be a huge 3 letter palindrome like bob...or booo-0-ooob... perfect palindome when there's actually two boob...I should say "pal in d room with two boob"

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals