• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

airbag light has me confused

Trump8MyKids

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Okay, first off hello everyone! Got an issue with my truck I'm hoping somebody can help with.
Sometimes I enjoy dropping it down a gear or two and matting the throttle. The truck has its fair share of modifications, It's far from stock but far from anything too special. Anyway, when I give it some gas, the airbag light starts flashing. Let off the throttle and it goes away. give it some gas again and the cycle repeats until eventually, it just stays on till I turn the truck off. when started again, the light turns off after like three seconds. My guess is it's an electrical issue but I could be very wrong.
Brand new battery late this summer, the alternator was replaced about 1.5-2 years ago (about 120k).
The truck is a 98 3.0 2wd with a five-speed. Bought it well over two years ago as my first truck with 90k, currently has 175k. This truck is my pride and joy.
Not sure if its a load/resistance issue or not so here's whats all hooked up to the electrical:
Lightbar
amp/sub, 500w
aftermarket touch screen head unit
bed lights
all exterior and interior lights on the truck are LEDs minus the two headlight bulbs.
also when plugged into a code reader nothing came up.
I know a bit about electrical systems but nothing like this. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks, Ethan

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals