• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Air volume, Electric turbo???

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hmmmmm......atmospheric pressure is 14.7 psi at sea level;a properly operating charging system produces 14.7 volts.i see a conspiracy unfolding here between the electric camp and the atmosphere:icon_confused:

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yes you are all right 14.7, its been years since I had to quote that. and He asked for the air volume, not the volumetric efficiency in his first post, which I didnt see answered. But either way...

00dangerranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
93 4.0
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
Wow, been a few weeks since I looked at my post. Thats great info, Should keep me busy the rest of my life. Lmao. You guys sound likeyou know your stuff .

Cycletek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Nissan Maxima
great stuff. So if i go a real turbo, since i'm driving a 1994 4.0 would i need a seperate computer to control everything, mtr,turbo,timing,etc. it seems everything i read says you can't tune this eec much and I havent found a CA shop close by that programs them. What about the $900 ebay kit junk or good starting point?
I’ve been working ion doing this for close to a year now and completed my prototype. I’m actually waiting on a new 90 mm EDF after a learning curve. It should be here within the week.
What I did was took a K&N Short Cold air intake, cut the length of the edf between the filter and the MAF, I coupled those together running the wiring through with JB Weld, replaces the stick sensor with a Jet high flow, did a cat delete and also had it chipped. Once I get the new edf I’ll be having it tuned by a shop. I’m also installing a Power Commander for faster throttle response. Still need to add a blowoff valve to keep the cfms down once I hit 15 PSI. The brushless motor I got runs at 300K RPM off of 12S. I’m going to run the lipos into the armrest along with the Talon 120 HV and then Instead of a receiver I ran a esc consistency tester and had my IT guy make me a controller that connects to the throttle for timing. I also am going to fabricate an aluminum box around the filter with a custom air passage through two vents I’m cutting in on the bumper.
No HP loss from the exhaust bogging down the engine to make more HP and TQ or no pulley draw or alternator draw.
On my last EDF, which I overheated, hence the ram air, it turned at 158K RPM and created 9.72PSI. From stop to 135 the needle was redlined and I’d have to say I’m in the mid 4’s 0-60. I think with the new EDF, blow off, ram air that I’ll be just under 4 sec conservatively and have more than on run. I’m now thinking off adding Meth Injection as well.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
My butt itches

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
Well, technology progresses on. What a difference 10 years makes. If you have $2500 and a way to add fuel, you can get one of these.

Cycletek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Nissan Maxima
I saw how old the thread was after I had posted and felt pretty stupid but wanted to entertain myself to see if anyone would replay after all this time. Here I thought I developed somethin feelin all smart.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
14.7 air pressure at sea level
+
14.7 volts from working alternator
+
14.7 to 1 gasoline air/fuel ratio
=
44.1<<<<<<<<<<just misses 42, so not a valid connection, but close

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals