• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Air intake

maskeet

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 1994 Mazda B3000. Has anyone attempted to make a custom air intake?

thanks

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
What kind of custom? A snorkel or a cold air intake?

If you're after a CAI, you'll find that the stock set-up is already designed to draw cold air.

maskeet

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I was trying to make an after market one for performance. Thank you tho because i did not know that. I have seen one with an electric fan in the line and thought that might be an interesting idea.

I wanted to know if anyone has tried to make one because they don't make any for my truck. (with or with out a fan)

Donnie strickland

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I wanted to know if anyone has tried to make one because they don't make any for my truck. (with or with out a fan)
This has been discussed many, many times on TRS forums, but the reason nobody makes one is because any other design won't make any more power. The things that limit your power are the restrictions in the throttle body, the heads themselves, and the exhaust.

maskeet

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Thank you, I did not know that.

What are other performance mods that I can do?

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
There really isn't that much of a restriction in the exhaust. You can only move so much air through a naturally aspirated engine(volumetric capacity). It's the atmospheric pressure that moves the air into the engine, and as was mentioned it's the TB, Intake manifolds, and heads that limit anything, but then again, an engine can only hold a certain amount of air in each cylinder, so what that point of shoving air down there, when it would make a difference. The best way to gain performance on your 3.0 is forced induction(supercharge or turbocharge). This compresses the air into the cylinder, and increases the pressure. This will yield power. Don't believe the flase performance hype, they just want to make money. Another good option for the 3.0 is the 5.0 roller rockers that bolt right into place on the 3.0. They decrease valvetrain friction, increasing the feel of acceleration, providing longer life of the valvetrain, and runs smoother and more quiet at high rpms. Always remember the 3.0 loves high rpms. It can easily handle them to, don't worry about hurting it. Assuming you have a manual, when shifting wait till 4,000, when you shift it'll keep you in the power band, which is largely above 3,000 rpm. If an auto is what you have, a programer (not a chip) will help cahnge the points at which your auto shifts, increases the feel of power, and giving your truck better acceleration. Ford hadn't quite figured this out on the 3.0 and made the auto's shift too soon for the 3.0 to reach it's power band.

maskeet

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Thank you, have you tried the 5.0 roller rockers?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals