• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Afternoon quickie....

PanamaExpat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Manual
Well since I am still recovering from our past week of the mega wedding and the ensuing massive hangover from .... You get the picture. Any how if you remember the milestone post of the chassis and motor I mentioned I had thought about modifying the old Auto Hubs to replace the crappy rusted chrome center caps for my rear mags. Using the ever faithful 4 inch angle grinder a cutoff wheel I dug out of the trash that was too small to use, and a grinding disc I came up with this:

Took about 15 minutes to do the first one and maybe 5 to do the second. Was fortunate enough that my lugs were adequately long enough to fit and everything went together smoothly. I had to grind the back of the lug plate flush with the part of the plate that has the lug holes and then bevel the opening for about a half centimeter out and maybe 3 or 4 mm deep. The throw away cutoff wheel was perfect for shaping the ridge inside the hub enough to clear the axle center.

I am not sure if I like them or not yet. If I decide to keep them I will repaint the 4X4 in red numbers and a black X.

Has anyone else ever had rims get that strange looking oxidation on them? They did that while stacked in a corner of the carport and got wet from the rain. Any ideas what would be good to use to polish them out?

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Do you know if they've got a clear coat on them? If not, simichrome aluminum polish is the best I've used.

Destroyer000

January 2009 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0. 4.0 Supercharged
Transmission
Manual
the dc1 wheels had issues with that.. looks like oxidation under the clearcoat.. not a hole lot you can do about it.. unless you wanna get the hole wheels coated.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals