• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Aftermarket seat brackets 2003 Edge Std Cab

1000Suns

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I'm trying to replace an uncomfortable driver seat in my 2003 Ranger Edge, Standard Cab. I'm willing to pay a couple hundred for a nice racing seat, but I'm having a hard time finding brackets for the 03 Standard Cab.
Here's a link for Scat Procar seat brackets, and they only show as compatible up to 2001 for this size cab.
http://www.procarbyscat.com/Adapters.asp#FordTrucks
Also Corbeau only goes up to 2001
http://www.corbeau.com/service/seat_brackets/
I measured the brackets, and they were pretty odd shaped.
The inner side seemed about 3/4 inch shorter than the outer side, and even the position of the front bolts (both at an angle) were slightly (1/4 inch) different on each side on the angled plane. Looks like a rather un-generic layout... which may explain why the bracket isn't made.
Does anyone know of an aftermarket seat that has a bracket to match 2003 Edge Standard Cab?

Otherwise, I guess the thing that folks do is fit the original bracket to the new seat. So if I'm lucky, I can detach the slider off the original seats and bolt them (perhaps new holes will need to be drilled) to the new seat?

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Otherwise, I guess the thing that folks do is fit the original bracket to the new seat. So if I'm lucky, I can detach the slider off the original seats and bolt them (perhaps new holes will need to be drilled) to the new seat?
I think this is what everyone does with all year Rangers, given a few exceptions.

BlueChariot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I went the easy route and bought my buckets from a junkyard which I KNEW would bolt to factory brackets. Takes all the hassle out.

Drill holes to adapt the new seats if need be. If it still doesnt work, hell, weld the damn things together lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals