• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Aftermarket Headers

Gavinsmith2001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I was wondering if anybody knew of any after market headers that will fit a 93 Ford 2.3l 2wd standard transmission ranger, and if there was a part number that someone could give me for one. Preferably looking for a long tube 4-1 if possible or would I have to make one myself. Any info would be great. Looking to run a 3 inch straight pipe through the passenger bed side.

mtnrgr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
6" Skyjacker, with 1.5" coil spacers, custom radius arms, custom traction bars
Tire Size
31x10.50
My credo
Lord God is my guardian
A 93 Ford ranger 2.3 should already have an actual header on there from the factory, if not 94 to 97 2.3's have an actual header. Not sure who would make an aftermarket for those engines. Have known a few people over the years with mid 90's 2.3 rangers, with an exhaust setup it sounded really good. Installing a 3" straight pipe on this engine will be over kill, and to much for a 2.3. I would do 2.5" instead.

Gavinsmith2001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I do believe that my exhaust flange gasket or "donut gasket" maybe blown out because it has a very weird misfire but only at idle and my check engine light is on. Im attempting to get rid of the flange entirely as to reduce my chances of exhaust leaks. I did find a few that would fit up to a 92 but I don't know if they would also fit, and I found a couple for like mustangs and pintos but I don't know if they will fit either.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Companies still make parts for Pintos? WOW!

Pinto = Put In Nickle To Operate

mtnrgr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
6" Skyjacker, with 1.5" coil spacers, custom radius arms, custom traction bars
Tire Size
31x10.50
My credo
Lord God is my guardian
Find a header at the junkyard from a 93-97 2.3, and cut off the flange. Then weld the pipe to the header.

Daniel Black

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
205/60R15 & 225/60R15
I used a Pinto header on my '87 but I'm not 100% positive it would fit a 93-97. I think the basic frame and suspension are set up the same. The Pinto header i used didn't have any place for an oxygen sensor. It did have a hole for the carb style egr pipe. You'd have to weld in the bung for the oxygen sensor and homemake an egr pipe, if you have it and are going to keep it. My Ranger was carbureted so it wasn't an issue. The Pacesetter header shows through '92 so it should have an oxygen sensor hole already.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals