• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Aftermarket Class III Hitch

BobP

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I recently bought a 2005 Ranger 4.0L OHC. It has a MagnaFlow dual exhaust system, but no Class III hitch. Is there an aftermarket Class III hitch that I can get that will not interfere with this exhaust system?

BobP

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I recently bought a 2005 Ranger 4.0L OHC. It has a MagnaFlow dual exhaust system, but no Class III hitch. Is there an aftermarket Class III hitch that I can get that will not interfere with this exhaust system?
I bought a Curt 13019 and it just fits perfectly between the dual exhaust pipes, BUT I have a full size spare and had to remove it to get the hitch installed, as the receiver part of the hitch interfered with the tire. I will be looking for a smaller (narrower) spare of approximately the same diameter, since it is a 4x4 and I don't want to run a smaller tire if the need for a spare occurs.

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
I'd recommend either Curt or Hidden Hitch. I had a Hidden Hitch on my first Sport Trac, quality unit, I liked it a lot.

BobP

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
The Curt 13019 fit perfectly between the pipes. A 235-60x16 spare did work. I got the hitch mounted and a spare in place. The spare is a little smaller than the ones on there, and the tread is resting on both pipes, but it would only have to get me home or to a tire dealer. I am hoping I won't need to use it. Thanks JohnnyO for your response. I think I'm set for now.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals