• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

AEM Brute Force CAI

2001FORDRANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
6cy
Transmission
Manual
i just found out from the fatory that this set-up is really made for v-8. but i notice some guys with v-6 rangers have them on their trucks. now would these hender performance if the application was not made for the v-6?

i do love the soucd and not having that popping sound. if these will do on my truck 01 3.0 without any less performance i would like to add them; but wondering if i go with the exhauset sytem what muffelers should i go with?

and what headers/intakes are out their for a 3.0 ranger?

thanks

RedneckRanger69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 L V6
Transmission
Manual
Hey man, u look like ur kinda new to this site, so im gonna help u out. First things first. "Cold Air Intakes" Dont take this the wrong way but from my experience, All Cold Air Intakes are pretty much worthless. They don't give you any noticable increases in horsepower or torque. So if thats what your lookin for, Take my advice and don't buy one. Cold Air Intakes do make a cool whistling noise while your driving, but its not worth the $250-$350 that u spend for it. Alrite now for my favorite. Exhaust, It all depends on what sound u want. I myself have an upgraded dual exhaust system, and I love the sound. I runnin' a 2.5 inch diameter pipe down from behind the catalytic converter into a (Single 2.5 inch Inlet / Dual 2.5 inch Outlets) Flowmaster 40 series Delta Flow muffler. (The Delta Flow series mufflers basically provide killer exterior noise, but at the same time, it reduces the amount of in cab noise, which is a godsend for us drivers who use the highway daily.) then I am runnin' double 2.5 inch Diameter Mandrel Bent pipe out of the outlets of the muffler, all the way straight out the back of the truck. I also put on 3 inch chrome tips for looks, but u don't have to have tips. But you have to remember though, there are so many different exhaust systems available out there. Theres Magnaflows. which I personally think sound good, Theres Gibson and JBA systems, Heartthrobs, etc. Theres alot of choices out there. O yea, and u never wanna go over 2.5 inch diameter exhaust pipes on ur V6 Ranger, because if u go too big, u actually end up losing precious horsepower, and torque. Just a rule of thumb. As for Headers, I know Gibson, JBA, and Pacesetter makes sum performance headers for the Ranger. Check out www.autoanything.com , www.4wheelparts.com , or stuffforyourranger.com . They have alot of good shit on there that u might b interested in. If u want to go high performance, Theres all types of ways to make your rngine run faster and harder. Theres 1.7 Ratio Roller Rockers, Underdrive Pulleys, Stroker Kits, ETC. Theres also Performance Chips, which can be plugged into your rangers computer system if your ranger is a fairly new model (1997 and up). Headers and Exhaust systems seem to play an important role in performance too. But if u want pure horsepower, there are people on this site that actually turbo there Rangers out. Turbos give u soooooooooo much horsepower and torque. I'm talkin' 100+ Instant Horsepower Gains. I hope all of this helps out man. Just remeber, itsa your choice, you choose what u wanna do. You take care, and ifs theres any other questiuons you wanna ask, all of us on this website will help u out. You take care and have a good day.:icon_thumby:

pishamus

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
As with motor oil, everyone has their opinion, and of course, they are always correct and everone else is wrong. I have a K&N system on my 07 and love it. I choose to go with an AEM Dry Flow filter in place of K&N's oil one, not that there is anything wrong with theirs, it's just the AEM filters better. I did notice an increase in mid-range torque, and K&N lists dyno tests results of over 13+HP on an 04 4.0L. No, its not a supercharger, but its performance benefit is proveable. If youv'e got the bucks - enjoy your toy!

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
If you want the sound of a CAI you could remove the baffle inside of the airbox. from what people say it gives the sound a CAI gives. and really, the stock intake is a cold air intake.

Nailzs

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
If you want the sound of a CAI you could remove the baffle inside of the airbox. from what people say it gives the sound a CAI gives. and really, the stock intake is a cold air intake.
+1
i had a cold air intake on my 96 4.0 and i took it off and bought a stock one from the junk yard to put in

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals